Chicken livers with pomegranate molasses. It is authentically known as Sawda Djej and is a dish of chicken livers, garlic and pomegranate molasses. Being a creature of habit, I often revisit restaurants I love time and time again, and I daren't tell you how many times I have been to Yalla Yalla. I even swung by a few weeks ago to pick up a.
Chicken livers with pomegranate molasses (Sawda Djej) — Louche Gastronomique. The Best Pomegranate Molasses Chicken Recipes on Yummly Moroccan Spiced Pork Kebabs With Pomegranate Glaze & Herby Yogurt, Spiral Ham Steaks, Shelling Beans And Charred Herb Vinaigrette, Pulled Pork A La Maggie. You can cook Chicken livers with pomegranate molasses using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken livers with pomegranate molasses
- It’s of chicken livers.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- Prepare of butter.
- Prepare of garlic cloves diagonally sliced.
- It’s of onion,finely sliced.
- Prepare of green chillies ,diagonally sliced.
- It’s of coriander powder.
- It’s of black pepper powder.
- You need of cinnamon powder.
- Prepare of nutmeg powder.
- It’s of sugar powder.
- Prepare of pomegranate molasses.
- You need of lemon juice.
- It’s of salt.
- You need of cilantro and pomegranate seeds for garnishing.
Buffalo Chicken Wings with Non-Dairy Ranch Recipe. Black-Eyed Peas with Turmeric and Pomegranate. Sign up for our Nosher recipe newsletter! Molasses Crinkles, Chicken Liver with Pomegranate Molasses, Kısır/Spicy Bulgur Salad with Tomatoes and Pomegranate Molasses.
Chicken livers with pomegranate molasses instructions
- Wash the chicken livers.Using a knife remove and discard the white snew..
- Cut the larger liver pieces into half..
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet..
- Add the chicken livers and saute on high heat for 2-3 minutes until it changes colour. Remove and keep aside..
- In the same skillet add onions and saute until slightly soft..
- Add sliced garlic and green chillies; continue to saute until the onions are completely soft..
- Add coriander powder, cinnamon powder,nutmeg powder salt and blck pepper powder. Saute for a minute on low heat..
- Add the chicken livers along with pomegranate molasses and sugar. Cover the skillet and continue cooking on low heat for 5 minutes..
- Turn heat off. Add lemon juice and stir through. Check seasoning and adjust accordingly. If sour add a little sugar to balance the sourness..
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and pomegranate seeds..
- Serve immediately with Arabic flatbread(pita bread)..
Molasses coffee marinade The brewed coffee in the recipe accentuates the smoky, sweet, sort of bitter flavors in molasses, mingling with apple cider. Pomegranate molasses, a staple ingredient in the Eastern Mediterranean, gives this one-pot dish a delectable tang. Pomegranate molasses is available at Middle Eastern markets and some supermarkets or online. Serve chicken over bulgur salad topped with pomegranate seeds and more parsley and mint. Put the chicken in a roasting tin, drizzle with the olive oil and scatter the sesame seeds over.