You can cook Bread Bowl using 26 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bread Bowl
- It’s of A. Wet Ingredients.
- Prepare 350 ml of tepid water.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 2 1/4 tsp of instant dry yeast.
- It’s of B. Dry Ingredients.
- You need 2 tbsp of corn oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 600 g of flour (4 cups).
- It’s of C. Bread Glazing.
- You need 1 of egg white.
- You need 1 tbsp of water.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter – melted.
- You need of D. Couliflower Potato soup.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 C of sliced brown onion.
- You need 3 C of boiled couliflower florets.
- It’s 2 C of fresh milk.
- It’s 2 tsp of corn flour + 2 tbsp water.
- It’s to taste of chicken seasoning powder or Salt.
- It’s Pinch of pepper.
- It’s 2 C of half cooked small cubed potato.
- You need of E. Garnishing (optional).
- You need of Grated cheese.
- You need of Any finely chopped herbs.
- It’s of Chicken Serunding (pictured here).
- It’s of (Or any bits and pieces of meat).
Bread Bowl instructions
- A – In a small bowl, combine and mix 350 ml of water, 1 tbsp of sugar and 2 1/4 tsp of yeast. Leave this yeast mixture to proof or turn foamy for 5-10 minutes..
- B – In a bowl of stand mixer with dough hook attachment, mix 2 tbsp of corn oil, 1 tsp of salt, 600 g of flour and yeast mixture on low speed for 5 minutes or until dough comes together. Increase speed to medium and keep kneading for another 12-15 minutes until dough is elastic and pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Transfer dough to a greased bowl. Cover and leave dough to proof or double its size. It'll take 1 hour or more..
- Transfer dough to a floured working top. Gently punch dough down and divide into preferred equal portions. This recipe yields 8 balls weighing around 117g-120g each. Next, roll these portions lightly into balls. Then, mark an 'X' on top of each ball using a sharp knife. Just a thin slice. Place balls onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Space them several inches apart..
- Cover with a greased cling film and leave these balls to rise for 40 minutes or until they double in size. Brush each ball with a thin layer of egg wash before baking. Preheat oven to 150-160°C (depending on the oven). Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and brush a thin layer of melted butter on the hot buns (optional). Leave buns to cool before using..
- Note: This bread dough can be made in a bread maker too. Just leave A to proof, then transfer it to a bread pan and add B. Press the ‘dough’ function and leave the the machine to do its job until it beeps and stops. Next, continue to step 3..
- D. Soup – cube potatoes and boil until cooked but still firm. Put aside. Boil cauliflower. Drain and put aside. Next, sautè sliced brown onion until translucent, add cauliflower and stir for few minutes before adding milk. Simmer and add in corn flour mixture, keep simmering and stirring until sauce is slightly thickened. Season with chicken seasoning powder and ground pepper. Turn off the heat and using handstick blender, puree soup until smooth. Return to heat and add cooked cubed potato last..
- Note: This bread bowl holds any creamy soups very well. Use to serve mushroom soup, tomato soup or even macaroni and cheese..
- To serve – Cut the top of the bread and scoop out the center. Brush the inner part with garlic spread. Brushing with garlic spread and heating it in the oven after that is optional. Fill this bread bowl with any creamy or thick soups. Garnish with grated cheese, finely chopped parsley or any meat bits. Serve warm..