Hummus. This is my favorite hummus recipe! With a few simple tricks, you really can make Watch How We Make It. How To Make Smooth Hummus from Scratch.
A traditional hummus recipe includes tahini and makes a wonderful snack or appetizer. This hummus is a family recipe passed down from many generations. Hummus is a creamy paste made of chickpeas and tahini. You can cook Hummus using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hummus
- Prepare 2 cups of freshly cooked chickpeas.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves, unpeeled.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1⁄2 tbsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1⁄4 tbsp of ground coriander.
- It’s 1⁄4 tbsp of cayenne.
- Prepare 1⁄4 tbsp of black pepper.
- It’s to taste of salt,.
- It’s 1 tbsp or to taste of lemon juice.
- You need 2 tbsp of tahini.
It is an excellent source of protein and vitamins, and Hummus is typically eaten with pita or other flat bread. A bowl of dried chickpeas, an. Hummus, that creamy dip that hails from the Middle East, has a reputation as a clean, healthy food. All the main ingredients are super foods in their own right.
- Preheat oven to 400°F..
- In a bowl toss the chickpeas, garlic, oil and spices..
- Place the mixture in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake 25 minutes or until beans are slightly "crisp" and golden..
- If the garlic looks as if it may be roasting too quickly, remove and continue baking the chickpeas..
- Once roasted, set beans aside to cool..
- In a blender combine the chickpeas, peeled roasted garlic, tahini, salt and lemon juice..
- Add about 1/3 cup of the reserved chickpea liquid. Blend until smooth, adding more cooking liquid if necessary to aid in blending..
- Stop machine and scrap down the sides with a spatula. Blend again until smooth, adding liquid as needed..
- Adjust seasoning. Transfer to serving bowl, cover tightly and refrigerate..
- Serve the hummus with pita chips, French bread, cut up vegetables, etc..
- Garnish with chips and Enjoy the delight..
I'm obsessed with this hummus recipe. Not only is it fast and easy, it's fresh, super creamy and delicious. Hummus is delicious, packed with nutrients and incredibly good for you. Hummus is a delicious Lebanese dip. It's usually eaten on pita bread any time of the day, with any meal.