Allo ka Paratha – Potato stuffed buttered flat bread. Aloo Paratha is stuffed with boiled potatoes and spices, roasted and served with butter or ghee. It is one of the most popular flat-breads in Indian cuisine. Warm flatbread stuffed with a spicy potato mixture, Aloo Parathas can be enjoyed with yogurt, pickle or with any curry.
Paratha is usually stuffed with boiled potatoes (as in aloo ka paratha), leaf vegetables, radishes, cauliflower, and/or paneer (Cottage-cheese). Paratha is usually eaten with dollop of butter or spicy condiments like pickles or some time elaborate meat or vegetable curries. Aloo paratha recipe dhaba style with step by step photos. You can have Allo ka Paratha – Potato stuffed buttered flat bread using 12 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Allo ka Paratha – Potato stuffed buttered flat bread
- Prepare 2 cups of Wheat Flour –.
- Prepare 2 tbsps of Oil –.
- Prepare of Water – Enough to knead the dough.
- Prepare 1 ½ of Potatoes – kgs – Boiled / peeled.
- It’s 2 of Chilies Fresh Green – Medium sized (thinly chopped).
- You need 1 cup of Coriander Fresh – chopped –.
- You need 1 cup of Mint Fresh – chopped -.
- It’s 2 tsps of Cumin seeds Roasted . (heaped).
- It’s 3 tsps of Coriander seeds Roasted – (heaped) (Crushed in pestle mortar).
- Prepare of Anaar Dana powder (Dried Pomegranate powder).
- You need 2 tsps. / 2 tsps of Mango Powder Aam Alternative : Dried – choor – ..
- You need 200 gms of Butter – (Melted).
Learn how to make rustic,wholesome and filling potato stuffed Indian flatbread. Vegetarian Punjabi Aloo paratha recipe is an Indian whole wheat flat bread stuffed with spicy and tangy potato or aloo mixture. A parantha/paratha is an Indian unleavened flat-bread, and is mostly consumed in the northern regions of India. The word Paratha (Parantha in Punjab) is an Here the parantha is stuffed with savory fillings of potatoes and herbs.
Allo ka Paratha – Potato stuffed buttered flat bread instructions
- For Dough:.
- Knead the dough with hand or in a machine. Use water as needed. Let the dough rest for an hour before making parathas. This dough will make around 16 small dough balls to make 8 parathas..
- For potato filling.
- In a frying pan, take 3 tbsps. of oil and fry the chopped onions till translucent. Do not brown. Remove on a kitchen paper. Let them cool down..
- Mash the potatoes and add all spices, cooked onions and herbs to it. Mix and set aside for an hour..
- Put the griddle on the stove on the highest heat..
- Make 16 balls of the dough. 2 balls will make one paratha..
- Roll out 2 dough balls in to round flat bread at a time..
- Remove excess flour from them..
- Put 3-4 heaped tbsps. of mashed potatoes mixture on one rolled out dough. Use your fingers tips to spread the potatoes evenly, leaving about ½ inch from the corners..
- Place the second rolled out flat bread dough on top of the stuffed one. You can lightly wet the corners of the stuffed dough by dipping you fingers in water. This helps the second flat bread to stick to the first one firmly, ensuring it does not open as it is cooked and flipped on the griddle..
- Press the two rolled out flat breads dough together firmly with your hands and even the stuffing. Use a rolling pin to flatten them. The paratha will increase in size as you roll it..
- Gently lift it in your hands and shed off excess flour. Flip it on the hot griddle on the highest heat..
- Spoon around 2 -3 tbsp. melted butter on the top side and spread it. Wait for about a minute before flipping it over..
- Butter the other side the same way and cook both sides till the paratha looks gently golden brown and crisp and the corners are completely cooked. Reduce the heat as you cook or the butter will burn and smoke the kitchen..
- Remove the paratha from the griddle on to a kitchen paper. Cut them in 4 pieces if you want and serve hot with chutney and tea..
- Wipe the griddle with a kitchen paper after making each paratha..
Stuffed parathas are common in India and the stuffing may vary from. Aloo Palak Ka Paratha, a flat bread with a potato spinach stuffing. This paratha is a perfect breakfast treat for the family and friends. Potatoes should not be over cooked, they should be tender, if potatoes are over cooks they absorbed extra water that will make the filling very moist and difficult to. Aloo Paratha – Potato Stuffed Indian Bread Recipe by Ruchi Bharani – Vegetarian [HD].