Moroccan chicken tagine. Chicken tagine is a traditional Moroccan dish of chicken pieces braised with spices, garlic, onion, olives, and preserved lemons. It's company-worthy yet easy to throw together. Discover a delicious and authentic Moroccan chicken recipe.
The combination of spices and vegetable flavors are amazing. Reviews for: Photos of Moroccan Chicken Tagine. This flavorful Moroccan Chicken Tagine with Preserved Lemons and Olives is a time-tested classic. You can cook Moroccan chicken tagine using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Moroccan chicken tagine
- Prepare of chicken (cut into pieces or just thighs).
- Prepare of Chicken liver.
- Prepare of water or chicken broth.
- You need of onions (grated).
- It’s of Potatoes or other vegetables.
- It’s of The pulp of 1 large preserved lemon.
- Prepare of fresh parsley.
- You need of ground ginger.
- Prepare of pepper.
- You need of olive oil.
- It’s of ground cumin.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of turmeric.
- You need of Few leaves of Saffron.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- It’s of salt and ground ginger.
- Prepare of fresh lemon juice.
- You need of green olives.
- It’s of Bread.
It is guaranteed to transfer you to this exotic country! Tagine is the name for both the North African dish and the vessel in which it's prepared. Let's talk about this tagine for a second: it's crazy good. The dish has so much going on—the fragrant and.
Moroccan chicken tagine instructions
- Start by preparing the ingredients: Finely chop the pulp of the preserved lemon, and the parsley..
- In a large bowl separate the chicken pieces and combine: the chopped parsley, chopped preserved lemon pulp, ginger, cumin, pepper, turmeric, saffron and olive oil..
- Mix very well the ingredients and make sure that every piece of the chicken is well immersed into the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for around an hour..
- In a medium-large pot, drizzle the olive oil and add the pealed and grated onions, with a little bit of salt and ginger..
- When the onions become soft and transparent, add the chicken with its marinade..
- On low-medium heat, cover the pot and cook for around 15-20..
- When the chicken and the onion both release their juices, add the water and reduce the heat to low. Cover the pot, and let the chicken cook for an hour or so..
- When the chicken has become tender, add the lemon juice, the olives, the chicken liver and the potatoes, and let everything cook uncovered until the sauce thickens..
- Serve when hot, and if you want to eat the Moroccan way, serve with French bread, and eat with your hands..
Mediterranean, Moroccan, Calamata Olives, Chicken, Cinnamon Stick, Green Olives, Lemon Juice, Poultry, Preserved Lemon, Dinner, Main Course. The ultimate slow cooked Chicken recipe, done to perfection in a clay Tagine. This recipe is a modern twist on the original Moroccan specialty. Want to Become a Better Home Chef? The secret to this dish is using the North African spice blend.