Garlic Parmesan Zucchini Casserole. This Parmesan Zucchini Casserole makes the perfect side dish for any meal. You can easily add other elements to make it more appealing to your whole family. Other kind of cheeses, such mozzarella, bread crumbs on top, and even leftover rotisserie chicken.
If you have concerns using oil (olive oil is a really healthy and good fat) just. Grilled zucchini slices get a savory, garlic and Parmesan cheese topping for a quick, savory side dish. This Garlic Parmesan Zucchini will be your new favorite side dish. You can cook Garlic Parmesan Zucchini Casserole using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Garlic Parmesan Zucchini Casserole
- You need 4 cups of grated zucchini.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of finely diced onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of finely diced carrot.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of finely diced bell pepper any color.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- You need 2 of eggs slightly beaten.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese plus set aside an additional 2 tablespoons for topping.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need 2-3 tablespoons of melted butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Panko breadcrumbs.
This Garlic Parmesan Zucchini will be your new favorite zucchini recipe. Our other favorite Zucchini Recipes include: Chicken Zucchini Casserole. Parmesan Zucchini Casserole can be enjoyed as a vegetarian meal or serve it alongside a Baked Chicken Breast as a side dish. For the next step, the heavy cream is added to the onion and garlic mixture.
Garlic Parmesan Zucchini Casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 8×8 pan with cooking spray and set aside..
- Place zucchini in colander, sprinkle with salt and allow to sit for at least 10 minutes. (this will help draw the moisture from the zucchini, after 10 minutes squeeze out the excess moisture by pressing paper towels on the zucchini or wrapping in a towel and squeezing and wringing out the towel several times.) Don't skip this part or your casserole may be to runny..
- In the prepared dish, add zucchini, onion, pepper, carrots, garlic, eggs, and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese,mozzarella and cheddar cheese. Mix thoroughly with spatula or hands to get ingredients well combined. Arrange the mixture evenly in the pan..
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the melted butter, Panko bread crumbs and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese..
- Spread the bread crumb mixture over the casserole and return to oven for additional 5-10 minutes until top is golden brown and crispy..
The cream will need to be heated to just about boiling. Flavor packed roasted zucchini, squash and tomatoes made with garlic, parmesan cheese and herbs. Oh summer, how I love you and all the fresh fruit and veggies you provide. During the summer I always have a generous stock of fruits and vegetables in. Cooking up a zucchini casserole with eggs and parmesan cheese is a lot easier than it sounds.