Ham and Mayonnaise Bread.
You can cook Ham and Mayonnaise Bread using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ham and Mayonnaise Bread
- You need of For the bread dough:.
- Prepare 250 grams of Bread (strong) flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Dry yeast.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 125 ml of Lukewarm water (35 °C ).
- Prepare 25 grams of Beaten egg.
- You need 20 grams of Unsalted butter.
- It’s of For the filling and topping:.
- Prepare 10 slice of Ham.
- Prepare 1 of Ketchup.
- You need 1 of Japanese Mayonnaise.
- You need 1 dash of Dried parsley.
- You need 1 of Egg wash for glazing the tops – use the egg left over from making the dough..
Ham and Mayonnaise Bread step by step
- Put all the bread dough ingredients in a bread machine, set to the "dough" program and leave it up to the machine until the end of the 1st rising. It takes about 15 minutes for the kneading, and 40 minutes for the rising. The amount shown in this photo is double the amounts indicated in the recipe..
- When the 1st rising is done, take the dough out of the machine, divide into 10 portions, round off each portion and leave to rest for 10 to 15 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap to prevent the dough from drying out..
- Press down on each ball of dough to flatten, and put on some ketchup as shown..
- Place a slice of ham on the edge of the dough as shown here, and roll up the dough. Pinch the end seam tightly..
- Make a cut with a moistened knife about 1/3 of the way down on each roll. Place the rolls on a kitchen parchment paper lined baking tray. Cover with plastic wrap..
- Leave for 40 minutes for the 2nd rising. (They should double in volume.).
- Brush the tops with beaten egg, and squeeze some mayonnaise in the slits that you cut. Sprinkle with some dried parsley, and bake in a 180°C oven for 15 minutes to finish..