Ham and Mayo Rolls With Whole Boiled Eggs.
You can cook Ham and Mayo Rolls With Whole Boiled Eggs using 8 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ham and Mayo Rolls With Whole Boiled Eggs
- It’s of Bread dough:.
- It’s 1 of Basic light, fluffy, and moist bread dough.
- It’s of Toppings:.
- Prepare 4 of to 8 Boiled eggs (small size).
- It’s 2 large of slices Rather thick cut ham or bacon (optional).
- Prepare 1 of Mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 of Parsley.
- You need 1 of Egg wash for glazing the tops.
Ham and Mayo Rolls With Whole Boiled Eggs instructions
- Make the bread dough in a bread machine, until the 1st rising is complete. Seefor directions. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/144419-fluffy-and-chewy-basic-bread-dough.
- After the 1st rising is complete, take the dough out and deflate it gently. Divide into 8 pieces and round off ech piece. Each piece should be about 60g..
- Cover with a tightly wrung out kitchen towel and leave to rest for 15 minutes. I made mentaiko-mayo rolls with half the dough this time (see directions below)..
- In the meantime, cut up the ham or bacon and peel the eggs..
- When the dough has rested, roll out each piece into a square with the seam side down..
- Fold in half into a triangle shape, and cut into the dough, leaving it connected at the top. The dough tends to stick when folding it, so dust the surface lightly with flour..
- Open up the dough square again, and fold the opposing cut sides to the other side. This creates a well in the middle. Sorry about the drawing!.
- Squeeze some mayonnaise into the well created in the middle. Put the ham pieces in, avoiding the part where you'll place the egg, then push in the egg. The photo shows the rolls after they have risen..
- Let the dough rise at 35°C for 40 to 45 minutes, using your oven's bread-rising setting. The dough should increase to about 1.5 to 2 times its original volume..
- Brush the surface of the dough with egg wash. Squeeze on lots of mayonnaise, and sprinkle with dried parsley..
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, then lower it to 190°C. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes. Please adjust the rising and baking time depending on your oven..
- The rolls are done. Cool them on a rack..
- To make mentaiko (spicy salted cod roe) and mayonnaise rolls with half the dough: in step 2, divide the dough into 2 pieces. Make 4 boiled egg rolls with one half, and use the other half to make the mentaiko-mayo rolls, as follows..
- After the dough has rested, roll it out into a large square. Mix the mentaiko and mayonnaise together into a paste and spread it over the dough, leaving a 5cm gap on the far side..
- Roll up the dough tightly from the side nearest you. Cut into 4 pieces with a pastry scraper. Put the cut pieces into aluminium foil cups with the cut side facing up, and leave for the 2nd rising..
- After the 2nd rising, brush the tops with egg wash, top with pizza cheese and dried parsley, and bake. The baking time is the same as the boiled egg version..
- The mentaiko-mayo version is done!.
- I used 2 large mentaiko..