Fried cod-fish served with a garlic dip. Fried Cod is our favorite fried fish. It's crispy on the outside and flaky on the inside. And it is perfect for dunking in homemade tartar sauce.
Fry cod in hot oil until golden. Remove to plate lined with paper towels and let drain. Serve with garlic-potato dip, pickled beets, and lemon. You can cook Fried cod-fish served with a garlic dip using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fried cod-fish served with a garlic dip
- You need of Salted, dried cod-fish.
- Prepare 1 can of beer.
- Prepare of all purpose flour.
- It’s of salt.
- You need 2 of medium garlic cloves.
- It’s 2 of day-old slices of bread.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 handful of walnuts.
- It’s of salt and white pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of vinegar.
- Prepare of parsley (optional).
It's ideal for a delicious Sunday dinner and it also freezes very well. A traditional dish for Palm Sunday, this tasty fish can be batter-fried or baked and is delicious with a tangy garlic dip known as Skordalia. Bakaliaros (bah-kahl-YAH-ros) is cod that has been preserved in salt. Keywords: pan-fried cod fish, codfish, cod fillets.
Fried cod-fish served with a garlic dip instructions
- Remove the skin on the cod-fish. Let the dried fish soak in water for 24 to 36 hours. Make sure to change the water 3-4 times during the soaking period, to ensure the fish retains all its flavour..
- Prepare the batterin a bowl stir enough flour into the beer, till you achieve a batter thick enough to coat the fish. If necessary, season..
- Bring a large quantity of oil to heat in a non-stick frying pan. When oil is hot, slip the coated fish in. Take care, it will spatter, so take the necessary precautions, and make sure children are not standing too close!.
- It is preferrable to prepare the garlic sauce from the previous day, to allow the flavours to develop. Store, well covered, in the fridge..
- For the garlic dip (skordalia) in a food processor place the bread, garlic, salt, vinegar, nuts and start processing. While the machine is on, pour the oil in a steady, slow stream onto the rest of the ingredients. Once the ingredients are emulsified, taste, and season as preferred..
- I haven't given exact amounts of the ingredients. I have noted the ingredients used, and each time I prepare it, I taste and adjust according to our personal preferrence..
Cod Recipes – Tips and Tricks. Here are some additional tips to prevent cod falling apart I serve pan-fried cod mostly with a mayo-free German potato salad (see picture below) and/or cucumber salad. That way we enjoy a light meal that is even. This video/recipe features three different ways to coat a piece of fish for deep frying: breaded, dipped in batter and dipped in soufflé fritter batter. Place the battered fish back onto the baking sheet with the flour mixture and turn to coat both Another old man told me the best way to reheat left-over fried fish was to use a non-stick frying pan with a tight lid.