Chicken Liver Mousse. Add chicken livers and sear lightly on one side. Immediately add the shallots, thyme and marjoram. Cover with plastic wrap, lightly pressing the wrap to the surface of the mousse so that it doesn't oxidize.
Chicken liver mousse is a classic of the French kitchen that has been adopted across the world. Because it is quick to make and utterly delicious to eat. Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. You can have Chicken Liver Mousse using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Liver Mousse
- Prepare of Chicken Livers.
- You need of Shallot.
- Prepare of butter.
- You need of White Wine.
- Prepare of Cream.
- It’s of melted butter.
- You need of Fresh Thyme.
- Prepare of Black Pepper.
- It’s of Ground Allspice.
- It’s of Salt.
Chicken liver mousse is a delicacy. It is also surprisingly easy to make. Whip the chicken liver mousse: Blend the chicken livers and onions in the blender until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed (this blender spatula is the best). Along with Brussels sprouts and pork belly, chicken liver mousse has become a mainstay on trendy restaurant menus.
Chicken Liver Mousse step by step
- Finely dice shallot. Remove any connective tissue from chicken livers and dice livers finely..
- Melt butter in a pan and add chopped liver and diced shallot. Cook until livers are firm but not rubbery, still rosy in the center..
- Transfer liver mixture to food processor and blend..
- Meanwhile, add white wine and a few thyme sprigs to the pan and bring to a boil. Reduce until liquid is about two tablespoons..
- Add wine reduction, cream, melted butter, pepper and allspice to the food processor and blend until smooth. Add salt to taste (I used salted butter so did not add a lot of extra salt.).
- Pour liver mixture through a fine sieve to get rid of any gritty bits..
- Refrigerate mousse until set. Optional: seal mousse with some melted butter and add a few sprigs of thyme for decoration..
- Serve with crackers.
Though the elegant presentation can make it seem like a dish you can only get at a. Before starting this Chicken Liver Mousse recipe, make sure you have organised all the necessary ingredients. Chicken liver mousse is Emily's favorite condiment, if you can even call it that. She would eat it every day if she could. And honestly, now, because the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker makes it so.