Cajun Dirty Rice.
You can have Cajun Dirty Rice using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cajun Dirty Rice
- Prepare 4 cup of cooked rice.
- Prepare 3 slice of bacon.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 2 of -12 oz pkgs Zumo boudain, cases removed and crumbled or 1 lb. ground pork or 1 lb. chicken livers/gizzards, chopped.
- Prepare 3 of ribs celery, diced.
- It’s 1/2 of green bell pepper, diced.
- It’s 1/2 of sweet onion or regular yellow onion, diced.
- You need 2 of jalapeños, deseeded (unless you like the heat) and diced.
- You need 4 of green onions, chopped.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of cajun seasoning (I use Slap Ya Mama cajun seasoning..yes, thats really a seasoning lol yum!).
Cajun Dirty Rice instructions
- In a large dutch oven or pot cook bacon until crispy. Remove and drain on paper towels. Set aside..
- In the bacon grease saute the onion, bell pepper, celery and jalapeño. Cook for 5 minutes until softened. Add garlic and saute for another 3 minutes..
- Add the ground beef and crumbled boudain. Cook until browned and cook through. DO NOT drain the grease..
- To the beef mixture add rice, black pepper, cajun seasoning, bacon and green onions. Mix well and test for your liking of seasonings to taste. Serve with a side of veggies or eat alone with your favorite hot sauce..