Bone-in Prime rib with red chard, and mini golden potatoes.
You can cook Bone-in Prime rib with red chard, and mini golden potatoes using 17 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bone-in Prime rib with red chard, and mini golden potatoes
- It’s of Bone in Ribeye.
- It’s of golden mini potatoes, fingerlings are just as creamy.
- It’s of red shard, rainbow or swiss will work as well.
- It’s of garlic.
- Prepare of mushrooms. i prefer creminis.
- You need of plus 4 tbs of butter softened.
- You need of Extra virgin olive oil.
- You need of kosher salt.
- You need of fresh cracked black pepper.
- You need of heres what your going to need pan wise.
- You need of large saute pans.
- It’s of deep roasting pan with wire rack.
- You need of medium sized pot.
- It’s of large mixing bowl.
- It’s of food processor.
- Prepare of Rosemary.
- It’s of Thyme.
Bone-in Prime rib with red chard, and mini golden potatoes instructions
- First off, wash your roast and pat dry. Let sit out for 2 hours before doing anything to it. In the meantime, lets get the compound butter ready..
- Place rosemary and thyme leaves. Add 3 cloves of garlic and about 1 tsp of cracked pepper. Pulse your processor until herbes have become fine and garlic coarse. Add 1/4 cup of softened butter (1 stick) cover and let it sit out until the 2 hours is up for resting the meat. Now its time to get messy. *please refrain from using margarine, i have found an unpleasant flavor from using it..
- Smear butter compound over whole roast. Its gonna look damn sexy!! Now you should preheat the oven to 500°. Once the oven chime goes off, let the oven remain closed for 15 minutes longer.
- Place roast in overn at 500 and set timer for 20 minutes. Leave it alone. Dont open the door..
- Once timer goes off, turn your stove down to 325° and set your timer for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove chard leaves from thick stems and chop roughly. Place in mixing bowl and cover in water. Mix the leaves removing the dirt from the leaves. You may want to change the water one time to really get all the dirt out..
- Boil potatoes for 15 to 20 minutes or until a fork pierces potatoes easily and drain. Toss with 1 tbsp of butter while still hot, salt and pepper..
- Dont open the oven door ever. That means you!!! Its tempting, but wipe the drool from your chin..
- When the timer goes off on your roast, remove from oven andd place on pot holders, cover entire steak with aluminum foil, and let rest for 15 minutes. Time it again..
- Heat oil in saute pan and add mushrooms, garlic, and 1 tbsp of butter, place chard in pan and cover. Cook until wilted down..
- Almost time to eat!!!!.
- Slice bones off prime rib, save for stock if you want. Slice prime rib into as many servings as you want..