Woodears cooked with pork and sauerkraut. All Reviews for German Pork Chops and Sauerkraut. The only modifications I do is I don't add the caraway seeds and add a dash of cinnamon and pick up the browning from the pork with a little chicken broth and pour on top before baking. Super-easy slow cooked pork tenderloin with sauerkraut and potatoes.
Arrange potatoes around the pork; pour the sauerkraut and juice over the pork and potatoes. Pork loin becomes tender and delicious cooked slowly with sauerkraut and caraway seeds. This gets raves from my German father. You can have Woodears cooked with pork and sauerkraut using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Woodears cooked with pork and sauerkraut
- It’s of roast.
- It’s 2 1/2 oz of dried woodears, or your favorite mushrooms.
- It’s 5 lb of boston butt pork roast.
- It’s 56 oz of sauerkraut.
- It’s 1/4 cup of rosemary oil.
- Prepare of spices.
- It’s 1/4 cup of paprika.
- It’s 1/4 cup of granulated garlic powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of fenugreek.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of celery salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of turmeric.
- It’s of broth.
- It’s 1 quart of chicken broth.
- Prepare of after the first hour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sweetner I used stevia.
Season the pork roast with salt and pepper; lay atop the potatoes. Pour the sauerkraut over the roast; sprinkle with caraway. This pork roast is probably the very first roast I ever made on my own. It was after both my Mom and Dad had passed and it was my first New Year's Eve without them.
Woodears cooked with pork and sauerkraut instructions
- Preheat oven 400°.
- Mix the spices set aside. Slice the pork not all the way through, into 5-6 cuts. Cover with rosemary oil even in the cut areas. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/337715-rosemary-infused-oil.
- Put half the sauerkraut on bottom of roaster. Add spices to pork especially into sliced areas. Add roast to top of sauerkraut add chicken broth. Top with rest of sauerkraut..
- Stick woodears on sides in the broth. After one our add 2 tablespoonfuls of sweetner. Roast covered till done. Mine took 1 hour 45 minutes..
- Serve hope you enjoy!.
So apples pair beautifully with pork and onions but, I add an apple to help curb the bitterness of the sauerkraut. Pork and Sauerkraut from Delish.com is an easy, hearty meal for the winter months. We use a pork tenderloin, one of our favorite pork cuts At what temperature is the pork and sauerkraut finished cooking? The pork tenderloin is done when the internal temperature. This pork chop and sauerkraut recipe is an easy preparation.