Fig and Walnut Bread With Rye Flour.
You can have Fig and Walnut Bread With Rye Flour using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fig and Walnut Bread With Rye Flour
- You need of French bread strong flour (I used Lys d'Or brand).
- You need of Rye flour.
- You need of Malt powder (optional).
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Sugar.
- It’s of Water.
- Prepare of Dry yeast.
- It’s of Walnuts.
- You need of Dried figs.
Fig and Walnut Bread With Rye Flour instructions
- Chop up the walnuts and dried figs roughly..
- Put the ingredients starting from the strong French bread flour up to the dry yeast in the ingredient list into a bowl, and mix with a spatula or cooking chopsticks until it comes together as one mass..
- When the dough comes together, take it out onto a work surface and knead well for about 12 minutes. When it barely sticks to the work surface anymore and forms a slightly rough film of gluten, it's done..
- Press the dough out flat. Add the chopped walnuts and figs from step 1 and wrap them up in the dough. Knead for a few more minutes to distribute the nuts and figs into the dough ..
- Form the dough into a ball, and put it into a lightly greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and leave to rise until it has doubled in volume (1st rising). For me it took 30 minutes at 40°C..
- When it has finished rising, take it out onto a lightly dusted work surface and deflate. Divide into 12 portions and round off each. Leave to rest for 15 minutes..
- Round off each ball of dough again, and line them up on a baking sheet. Leave to rise again until they are 1.5 to 2 times their original size. For me it took 30 minutes at 40°C..
- Dust the surface with bread flour using a tea strainer. Slash the tops if you would like..
- Bake in a preheated 210°C oven for 15 to 17 minutes. These rolls are chewier if you let them rest a bit before eating them..
- From the next day on, the rolls will become nice and soft if you heat them up in the microwave. You can eat them as-is too of course..