Pork carnitas. Many find carnitas a little dry or flavorless. These have a great, distinctive flavor and are requested by friends and family over and over. Serve with warm, fresh tortillas and salsa.
This Instant Pot Carnitas recipe is quick and easy to make in the pressure cooker, perfectly crispy and juicy, and After years and years of making my go-to crispy pork carnitas recipe in the slow cooker. Pork Carnitas are pieces of pork meat slow-cooked in copper cauldrons in an open fire. Usually, most parts of the pork will be used, some will be cooked until tender, juicy and golden outside and other. You can have Pork carnitas using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pork carnitas
- It’s 1 lb of slow cooked pork shoulder.
- It’s 1 of bell pepper.
- You need 1 of onion.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 bunch of cilantro.
- You need 2 of hot peppers, fresh.
- You need 1 of flour tortillas.
- It’s 1 of salt.
- It’s 1 of pepper.
- Prepare of optional.
- You need 1 of Sriracha.
- Prepare 1 of Salsa.
- It’s 1 of Avocado.
- Prepare 1 of Shredded cheese.
- You need 1 of Jalapeño slices.
- You need 1 of Sour cream.
These are the BEST Pork Carnitas (Slow Cooker Mexican Pulled Pork) you will ever try! Or so say all the reviews! Your search for the Best Pork Carnitas Recipe stops here. The BEST Instant Pot Pork Carnitas are easy to make at home with your electric pressure cooker.
Pork carnitas step by step
- Prepare vegetables by thinly slicing the onions, julienning the bell and hot peppers, chopping the cilantro, and either crushing or finely mincing the garlic. 5 minutes..
- Heat a medium sized skillet to medium high heat. Once heated add ~ 1 tbsp of oil to the pan and then start sautéing the onions and bell peppers for ~ 3-5 minutes.
- Once the peppers and onions have color on them and the garlic and reduce the heat down to medium and cook for ~1-3 minutes.
- Add the hot peppers and pork and continue to fry until the pork is slightly crispy, ~ 5-10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the cilantro and add salt and pepper and any other seasonings to taste. Keep warm and serve with warm tortillas and any toppings on the side.
A quick pop under the broiler at the end ensures that the carnitas get nice and crispy! Carnitas, literally meaning "little meats", is a dish of Mexican cuisine that originated in the state of Michoacán. Carnitas are made by braising or simmering pork in oil or preferably lard until tender. The process takes three to four hours, and the result is very tender and juicy meat. Pork Carnitas (Mexican Slow Cooker Pulled Pork) – an easy "set and forget" version, and the Baked Mexican Spring Rolls – stuffed with Pork Carnitas and the flavours of Mexico, it's a good thing these.