Amazing oven slow cooked pulled pork. Our slow-cooker pulled pork is bomb, and we love that we can just dump everything—sauce ingredients and all—in at once. Tacos with pineapple slaw, pulled-pork crescent rings, and BBQ shepherd's pie are just a few of our amazing pulled-pork recipe ideas. Why This Slow-Cooker Pulled Pork Is the Best.
A slow cooker heats only from the bottom and, subsequently. The NuWave Oven can cook foods that need a Slow and Low cook. It's not just for hot and fast cooking. You can have Amazing oven slow cooked pulled pork using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Amazing oven slow cooked pulled pork
- You need 10 lb of pork shoulder (bone in works perfect).
- Prepare 4 of medium jalapeños.
- It’s 1 of medium onion.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic (minced).
- You need 18 oz of bottle bbq sauce (you can use more, but this amount ensures that the sauce doesn't over power the meat).
- You need 1/2 cup of liquid smoke.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of dr pepper.
- You need of rub.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chipotle powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of mustard powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of thyme.
- You need 2 tbsp of pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of salt.
This video shows a full recipe, for cooking a Pork Butt for Pulled Pork Slow and Low in the NuWave Oven. Jump to the Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Recipe or watch our quick recipe video showing you how we make it. Place the shredded pork back into the slow cooker with the skimmed cooking liquid then serve! I followed the recipe to a T.
Amazing oven slow cooked pulled pork step by step
- Trim fat off pork, run under cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Mix rub ingredients and pat into meat. store extra in a cool dry place.
- Place in fridge art least over night, but 24 hrs is better.
- Let meat sit outside of fridge for about 2 hours before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 205. cut onions, garlic, and jalapeños (I cut 2 into slices and diced 2. I also kept the seeds but you can remove them as well) store veggies in fridge for later.
- Place in glass baking dish or if using aluminum pan, coat pan in aluminum foil before putting meat in..
- Pour half the liquid smoke over meat followed by enough Dr pepper to cover half of meat. add remaining rub mix. then cover with aluminum foil and place in oven.
- Cook for 10 hours, flipping halfway through, removing excess liquid, then recovering in foil before placing back in oven..
- Once it is cooked, the bone should fall right off the meat… remove liquid from pan and cover for 30 minutes. then place the meat in a mixing bowl and shred, removing excess fat as needed. (also remove any fat remaining in baking dish).
- Add jalapeños, garlic, remainder of liquid smoke, and BBQ sauce, and mix together. place back in oven uncovered for another 45 minutes..
- Remove from oven, add onions, mix together, and serve.
This perfectly seasoned pork shoulder is slowly roasted in the oven until very tender and then it's shredded A leaner cut, like pork loin or sirloin roast, will become dry and less flavorful over the long cooking time. If you use a bone-in pork shoulder roast, allow a little more time in the oven. Slow roast for at Sure, this will do. An overnight marinade and slow-roasting in a low oven are the secrets to this flavorful pork tenderloin served with pan gravy. Most tender, flavorful pork you will ever have!