Mike's Green Chile Hangover Hash.
You can have Mike's Green Chile Hangover Hash using 23 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mike's Green Chile Hangover Hash
- It’s of Hash.
- It’s 4 large of Idaho Potatoes [or 3-4 lb Bag Frozen Hash Browns].
- Prepare 2 can of 4 oz Hot Green Chiles [chopped].
- You need 1 can of 10 oz ROTEL Tomatoes With Habaneros [use 1/2 can].
- It’s 2/3 cup of Fresh Cilantro [reserve some for garnish].
- It’s 1/3 cup of Fresh Chives [reserve some for garnish].
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Each: Granulated Garlic & Granulated Onion.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Each: Coarse Ground Black Pepper – Red Pepper Flakes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Butter [for frying potatoes].
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Water [for steaming potatoes].
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt Or Seasoned Salt To Taste [not necessary since your hot sauces & salsas contain sodium].
- It’s of Sides & Garnishments.
- You need 1 of Bottle Hot Red Or Green Salsa.
- You need 1 of Bottle Green Tabasco.
- Prepare 1 of Bottle Red Tabasco.
- Prepare 1 cup of Mexican 3 Cheese Or Cheddar Cheese.
- It’s 4 of 6" Warm Tortillas.
- It’s 4 large of Fresh Eggs.
- It’s 1 large of Avocado [sliced – optional].
- You need 1 of Frying Oil.
- You need of Meat Options.
- Prepare 1 lb of Carnita Meat [pre-cooked & pre-packaged].
Mike's Green Chile Hangover Hash instructions
- For ease, you can purchase pre-made hash browns in the 3 to 4 pound bag. Just know that fresh potatoes are more flavorful and more absorbant. If you do choose this method, disregard Steps #2 through #5..
- Authors Note: The potatoes can be made the night before and sealed in an air tight Ziplock bag. Add to them all ingredients in the, "Hash," section [except for] water, butter, canned green chiles, fresh cilantro and 1/2 can ROTEL tomatoes. By adding the chiles and tomatoes the night prior will cause your potatoes to be too watery..
- Clean potatoes and boil on high for 20 minutes or until a knife can penetrate the largest potato without much resistance. Do not over boil your potatoes. You don't want watery potatoes. You'll want them boiled yet firm. Peel skins from potatoes after they have cooled down slightly if desired..
- Place whole potatoes in fridge until completely cooled and slightly dried out. About a 1/2 hour..
- Shred potatoes and place in fridge in an airtight bag overnight with spices..
- If using the hand shredded method, in the morning, add butter, green chiles, 1/2 can ROTEL with limited juice, fresh cilantro, potatoes and water in pan. Mix, cover and let potatoes steam for 5 minutes. *If using pre-made potatoes, place all Hash ingredients in pan and follow same steps..
- Heat pre-made Carnitas in microwave. [optional].
- Remove lid and fry potatoes on high until they are browned and crispy on one side..
- Fry eggs in separate pan to your preference..
- Plate potatoes and place Carnitas, [optional] cheese, fried eggs and remaining garnishments on top..
- Serve with warm tortillas, hot sauces and salsas, sliced Avocados and plenty of fluids to rehydrate your body..
- Garnish with remaining green onions, fresh cilantro and dried parsley..