Claires Bacon & Egg Pie.
You can cook Claires Bacon & Egg Pie using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Claires Bacon & Egg Pie
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- It’s 500 grams of bacon chopped.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 of tomatoe sliced.
- It’s 2 of potatoes diced.
- It’s 1 tsp of italian mixed herbs.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of corriander flakes.
- It’s 1 of black pepper freshly ground.
- You need 1 of sheet puff pastry.
- Prepare 1 of salt to taste.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic chopped.
Claires Bacon & Egg Pie step by step
- Thaw puff pastry sheet.Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Chop potatoe boil till just tender..
- Chop bacon and onion fry you may need alittle oil..
- Sprinkle all the herbs and spices over bacon and onion..
- Add potatoe to pan..
- Butter a 20cm round pie dish..
- Cool all the cooked ingredients..
- Put all ingredients into pie dish.Alternating a layer of meat and veg then some egg then more meat then egg.I like to beat the egg first but you can leave them whole if you wish.3 eggs and 1 white.Put tomatoe slices as top layer..
- Salt to taste.
- Put pastry on top.crimp edge to fit dish edge.Brush on the one egg yolk on top.Put in fridge for 10 mins.This helps the pastry rise..
- Put in oven for 15mins then turn oven down to 180°C bake another 15mins.You should have a beautiful golden brown crispy puff pastry..