Chicken Liver, Chorizo, Sweated Red Onion with Black Pudding.
You can have Chicken Liver, Chorizo, Sweated Red Onion with Black Pudding using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Liver, Chorizo, Sweated Red Onion with Black Pudding
- It’s of chicken livers.
- It’s of chorizo cut into 1 cm size pieces.
- Prepare of medium size red onion chopped.
- Prepare of black pudding cut into 1 cm size pieces.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- You need of salt and pepper for seasoning.
- It’s of px sherry.
Chicken Liver, Chorizo, Sweated Red Onion with Black Pudding instructions
- Preheat oven to 120 degrees. Leave livers to one side to bring up to room temperature..
- Heat a little olive oil in a deep frying pan, cook chorizo over a medium heat. You want to get the fat out of the chorizo without burning it. Turn the chorizo often..
- When chorizo is ready set aside in a bowl and put in the oven keeping the oil in the pan for the onions..
- Add onions to pan and cook over a low-medium heat until soft..
- When onions are soft add to chorizo bowl and return to oven, keep oil in pan for the black pudding..
- Add black pudding to pan and cook over a medium heat for about 3 mins. You are looking for a slight crisp on the black pudding. When ready add to the chorizo and onion bowl and return to oven keeping any oil left over..
- Now add oil to pan if needed. Shouldn't need more than a tbsp or two. This needs to be hot so turn up the heat to high. While you are waiting for it to heat up cut a couple of slithers from a liver. This is for checking if the oil is ready..
- Gently put a slither of liver into the pan. If it sizzles it's ready. Put livers into pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 mins each side. When ready leave on a plate to rest and remove the chorizo bowl from oven..
- IMPORTANT. Turn pan to low heat..
- While everything is resting add the sherry to the pan. Let it reduce. It soaks and reduces all the previous ingredients making a loose paste. Should take 2 mins..
- Ready to serve now. I put my sauce/paste first on the plate then crumble the black pudding. Chicken livers next (sliced or whole) and the chorizo and onion on the top..
- Enjoy with wine. Any wine..