Pork Chops Cooked in Milk and Herbs.
You can have Pork Chops Cooked in Milk and Herbs using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pork Chops Cooked in Milk and Herbs
- Prepare 4 of pork shoulder steaks or 4 pork chops.
- You need 1/2 of of lemon juice.
- You need 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 6 springs of fresh Thyme.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cornflour (cornstarch).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of water.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s to taste of Ground black pepper.
Pork Chops Cooked in Milk and Herbs instructions
- In a bowl season the pork with salt, pepper and lemon juice..
- Next in a frying pan, heat the olive oil and fry the pork for 3 minutes each side or until golden brown..
- Remove the pork from the pan and reserve on a plate. Remove and discard the fat from the pan..
- Return the pan to a low heat and add the milk and thyme springs. (I made the mistake of not stirring it enough so mine came out slightly lumpy, so keep an eye on it and stir regularly)..
- Add the pork along with the juice on the plate back into the pan..
- Lower the heat and cover with lid for around 45 minutes or until the pork chops are tender..
- Transfer the meat to a plate and cover with foil..
- Return the pan to the heat and let the liquid boil..
- Next mix the cornflour with a little bit of water and add to the pan. Let it boil for a minute or until the liquid has thickened. The liquid can become quite lumpy due to the cooked milk so you can put it in a food processor to make it smoother although I choose not to..
- Serve the pork with the sauce and sprinkle with fresh thyme if you like..