Meaty Twice Cooked Pork. Twice-cooked pork means that the pork should be cooked twice. Firstly pork is boiled in water until nearly cooked, then use Doubanjiang(also known as broad bean paste), fermented black soy beans (Douchi), ginger, garlic and side ingredients to stir-fry for flavoring. Twice-cooked pork or double-cooked pork (Chinese: 回锅肉; pinyin: huíguōròu) is a Chinese dish from Sichuan.
This recipe will work well with either regular farmed pork, or, if you can get it, a fat wild hog. Twice-cooked pork is Szechuan style stir-fry pork, which requires cooking twice. Twice cooked pork is a famous Szechuan food that requires cooking twice. You can cook Meaty Twice Cooked Pork using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Meaty Twice Cooked Pork
- Prepare 280 grams of Thinly sliced pork shoulder.
- It’s 1/4 head of Spring cabbage.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Tianmianjiang.
- It’s 1 tsp of Doubanjiang.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic (minced).
- Prepare 1/2 of knob Ginger (minced).
- You need 1 tbsp of ★Sake.
- It’s 2 tsp of ★Soy sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of ★Oyster sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ★Chinese soup stock.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ★Katakuriko.
- Prepare 1 of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 of Sesame oil.
The pork is simmered in water, followed by pan-frying and enrobed in a glossy thick gorgeous sauce made with a combination of chili bean. Twice Cooked Pork (Hui Guo Rou) Chinese Style Cooking Recipe Welcome to Xiao's Kitchen. My name is Xiao Wei and my goal is to make your cooking simple and. Twice Cooked Pork, or hui guo rou (回鍋肉), is a Sichuan dish of spicy seared pork belly that's way too famous to ignore and too delicious not to share.
Meaty Twice Cooked Pork instructions
- Roughly chop the cabbage. Briefly parboil the meat and then drain in a colander. Combine the ★ ingredients..
- Heat up some oil in a wok and cook the ginger and garlic until fragrant. Add the doubanjiang and tianmianjiang and cook while mixing well with the oil..
- Add the meat and cook while coating with the sauce from Step 2. Add the cabbage and once it becomes tender, stir in the ★ ingredients quickly. Lastly, swirl in some sesame oil..
- Salty Chicken Karaage. Garlic Soy Sauce. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/143341-garlic-soy-sauce https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/143601-restaurant-salted-chicken-karaage.
- Plump Shrimp with with Chili Sauce. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/146167-plump-shrimp-with-chili-sauce.
- Mapo Tofu. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/154149-basic-mapo-tofu.
- Kimchi Fried Rice. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/145904-simple-tasty-kimchi-fried-rice.
- Shrimp Spring Rolls. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/143330-my-familys-crispy-shrimp-spring-rolls.
I clearly remember the Twice Cooked Pork we'd make in our take-out restaurant in the old days: boiled pork, cabbage, five-spiced tofu, green and red. Twice-cooked pork is quite rare on our dinner table, because it's a festival dish for my family. First, the dish takes some effort to Tender fatty pork cooked in a rich scrumptious sauce that is savory, slightly sweet, spicy, and bursting with umami. This is a detailed guide to help. Pork belly and Pixian bean paste is really all it takes to make one of the great dishes of all time, in any cuisine.