You can have Chicken Livers using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Livers
- You need of cleaned chicken livers.
- You need of Portuguese chicken spice – I quite like the Robertson's range (5ml).
- Prepare of olive oil (for the frying).
- You need of green pepper – sliced with core out.
- You need of onion – sliced thinly.
- Prepare of paprika.
- It’s of peri peri spice or peri peri sauce.
- You need of garlic.
- You need of chopped tomatoes (your choice).
Chicken Livers step by step
- Season your livers with the chicken spice of your choice or in this case, Robertson's..
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add the livers, browning, leaving them pinkish on the inside..
- Remove from pan and set aside..
- Add additional olive oil if needed and then fry your onions and green peppers together for about 5 minutes..
- Add the rest of the spices and the garlic and fry for another 2-5 minutes allowing flavors to blend and develop..
- Next add the tomatoes – if you are adding tomatoes. At this step I also like to add some tomato sauce or ketchup. You could always substitute or do both..
- Return your browned livers to this pan and continue to cook through giving it a good stir through for about 2 minutes or so..
- Serve with soft, well buttered, warm Portugeuse bread rolls.