Slow cooked pulled pork. Slow Cooker Pulled Pork is incredibly easy to make and wonderful to have on hand to add protein to meals. Even though you can make pulled pork with other cooking methods, like in the oven, in the smoker, or even braised on the stove for several hours, I think making it in the slow cooker is the. Texas-style pulled pork simmers in a tangy chili-seasoned barbecue sauce with plenty of onion, then pulled into tender shreds to serve on a buttered, toasted bun.
The delicious defatted cooking liquid keeps the pulled pork moist, but you can replace or augment it with a finishing sauce. Jump to the Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Recipe or watch our quick recipe video showing you how we make it. Making pulled pork in a slow cooker or crockpot is easy, but we still have a few tips for you, so you make it best. [If you love cooking with your slow cooker, try our Ultimate Slow Cooker. You can cook Slow cooked pulled pork using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow cooked pulled pork
- It’s 1.4 kg of Pork Shoulder.
- It’s 3 of onions.
- You need 2 tbsps of Salt.
- You need 2 tbsps of Brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsps of Paprika.
- It’s 1 tbsps of Black pepper.
Lucky for you, a slow cooker makes the drawn out process a breeze. Here's what makes this recipe in particular SO. While burnt bits would be delicious, they're not totally necessary. For simple, juicy pulled pork, you can cook the pork from start to finish in the slow cooker.
Slow cooked pulled pork step by step
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5.
- Peel quarter the onions and place them in a preheated cast iron pot, after 10 minutes add water to deglaze the pot..
- Mix the salt, pepper, paprika and sugar together in a bowl.
- Score the pork shoulder and rub the rub all over on every side, get into all the gaps!.
- Add the pork shoulder to the cast iron pot on top of the onions, put the lid on and place into the preheated oven for 4 hours.
- For the last hour, remove the lid to crisp up the skin.
- Once cooked, shred the meat with forks and serve however you like. (Between buns, on top of wedges or nachos).
This easy recipe for pulled pork done in the slow cooker uses a simple spice mixture, onions, garlic, and chicken broth. Frozen pork should not be cooked in a slow cooker. How to make The Best Slow Cooker Pulled Pork is a big claim but I can tell you I've tried a lot of pulled pork recipes and this one is at the top of my list! So simple yet plenty of flavor! Pulled pork is exactly what a slow-cooker is meant to be used for—to slowly braise food, in a steamy environment until exceedingly tender.