Pressure Cooked BBQ Pulled Pork/Beef.
You can have Pressure Cooked BBQ Pulled Pork/Beef using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pressure Cooked BBQ Pulled Pork/Beef
- It’s 1 kg of chuck roast or pork shoulder.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil.
- Prepare 1 of Onion, cut in half and sliced into half rings.
- You need 1 cup of Water or Beef Broth.
- It’s 1-2 cups of Barbecue Sauce.
- You need Dash of black pepper.
Pressure Cooked BBQ Pulled Pork/Beef instructions
- Season the meat with salt and pepper. Set aside..
- Turn on the pot's Sauté function. When it is hot, add the oil and then the meat. Brown a few minutes on each side..
- Take out the meat and set on a plate and add the onion to the pot with a splash or two of the water/broth. Cook for a couple of minutes, scraping the bottom of the pot, to get the browned bits up (deglaze)..
- Add the remaining water/broth, and the meat back in. Seal and prepare to pressure cook meat for at least 45mins (varies with pressure cooker)..
- Once done, remove the meat to a large bowl to shred. If the meat isn't shreddable, put it back in and cook it another 10 to 15 minutes..
- Place the shredded meat back into the pot. If the amount of gravy in the pot is too much, remove excess gravy to just enough for the meat to soak up..
- Add in BBQ sauce and black pepper. Stir to combine. Switch back to Sauté function and bring mixture to a simmer, stirring frequently..
- Serve on tacos, wraps or rice etc..