Chicken Wings Vietnamese Style. I love chicken wings so much that I can eat them every day. Today, I have an easy chicken wings recipe to share with you. Vietnamese chicken wings have gained a lot of popularity in recent years.
Perfect served over rice or as an appetizer. Reserve some paste for brushing, and place the rest in a resealable. Vietnamese Chicken Wings – sticky sweet and savory chicken wings recipe with fish sauce, garlic and sugar marinade. You can have Chicken Wings Vietnamese Style using 14 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Wings Vietnamese Style
- It’s of marinade.
- You need 12 of chicken wings.
- It’s 8 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of warm water.
- It’s 1/2 cup of fish sauce.
- It’s 1/3 cup of sugar.
- You need of coating.
- It’s 3/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 3 tablespoon of corn starch.
- You need of glaze.
- It’s 1/2 cup of left over marinade.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of (or to taste) chili sauce.
These oven baked chicken wings are delicious and addictive! Bruise the lemongrass using the side of your knife (or a pestle). However, I have a new obsession – Vietnamese Chicken Wings. My first experience with Vietnamese Chicken Wings was at the restaurant Pok Pok – a Portland mainstay by chef and owner Andy Ricker.
Chicken Wings Vietnamese Style instructions
- Smash the garlic with the salt. Mix with the warm water, let it sit 10 minutes..
- Add the sugar and fish sauce to the garlic water, stir until sugar is fully dissolved. Add wings..
- Marinade wings for at least 4 hours, overnight is better. NOTE, you can leave the wings whole like I did, or cut them into portions, doesn't matter..
- Remove wings to a collender, let drain 15 minutes, save marinade..
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- While the wings are draining, mix the coating..
- Dredge the wings in the flour mixture..
- Place on baking sheet, place in oven on the middle rack. Set timer for 20 minutes..
- When the timer is reached, turn wings over, bake another 20 minutes..
- When the wings are done to your liking, start the glaze..
- Add 1/2 cup marinade to a wok/stir-fry/skillet. Add 1/2 cup water, 1-2 tablespoons chili sauce to taste..
- Bring to a boil, (do not skip this step as the marinade was in contact with raw poultry), reduce until it thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Coat wings in glaze.
Served in a sweet, sticky sauce brimming with fish sauce, garlic, and fresh mint and cilantro. Fish Sauce Chicken Wings: Vietnamese Style. Fish sauce chicken wings are right up there with fried chicken wings and buffalo wings using an epic flavor agent for these yummy fish sauce chicken wings. Pat the wings dry on paper towels; reserve the marinade. Put the cornstarch in a shallow bowl, add the wings and turn to coat.