Marble cake. The cake just doesn't taste like marble cake and it is pretty dry not moist at all and I even added some oil. I am very disappointed in this recipe I will not use it again and I will have to keep looking for a good marble cake. Classic marble cake is a mixture of vanilla and chocolate cake that is swirled together creating a marbling effect.
After many, many versions of this Marble Cake, I'm so excited to share the final one with you. I've gotten lots of requests for a Marble Cake lately, so I knew I needed to share this recipe as soon as I had it right. On a separate note, I always thought these were called marbled cake layers. You can have Marble cake using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Marble cake
- You need 1/2 cup of Butter.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 of and 3/4 cup flour.
- Prepare 1.5 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 3 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1.5 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 2/3 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 1/3 of cocoa powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of + 1tsp hot water.
I initially titled this post marbled layer cake recipe. Of course AFTER I created my thumb nails and added text to my videos, google informed me that most people actually call them MARBLE cake layers. Are you team marbled or marble? Marble cake is one of my favorite cakes.
Marble cake instructions
- Pre heat oven to 180 deg Celsius..line and grease ur pan.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add d eggs, one at a tym and vanilla and beat well in between each addition.
- Sift flour, baking powder.
- Add the flour to d wet ingredients, this shld be done alternately wit buttermilk..Beginning and ending wit flour.
- In anoda bowl, mix d cocoa powder wit d hot water. Make a thick paste of d mixture.
- Remove little less dan half of d butter batter in anoda bowl. This wil b d chocolate batter. Add d cocoa paste to it and mix well.
- Place the batters in d pan,alternating wit d vanilla and chocolate batter.
- Swirl the batter lightly using spatula yo create d marbled effect.
- Place in oven and bake fr 40 mins or until done.
- Let it cool in pan completely. Enjoy :).
It is a rich, moist and buttery cake with chocolate swirls. Every bite is chocolatey, sweet and decadent. Since cake flour is so expensive I do not use it. I bake wedding cakes and have always received rave reviews for my cake flavor. Am baking a marble wedding cake for next weekend and cannot wait to test out this recipe.