Scalloped potatoes with onions. This classic recipe for scalloped potatoes showcases the flavors of potatoes and onion baked in a creamy sauce. This is the way my mother always made her scalloped potatoes. The measurements are taken from other recipes because she always just winged it, but the method is the same.
Drain and pat dry before using. This scalloped potatoes recipe is creamy, cheesy, and irresistibly delicious. Yukon gold potatoes: I prefer these to Russets because of their nice creamy texture and buttery flavor. You can cook Scalloped potatoes with onions using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Scalloped potatoes with onions
- It’s 1 stick of salted butter.
- You need 3 of heaping spoonfuls of flour.
- It’s of Milk.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- You need of Cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 8 of red skin potatoes.
- Prepare Half of a large onion.
- Prepare of Shredded cheddar.
I always cook the onion in the sauce, and then strain it out and add it to the middle layer. Scalloped potatoes are definitely a recipe worth keeping in your arsenal, especially for those for nights when you deserve an extra special treat. Transfer potato mixture to prepared baking dish, spreading evenly; sprinkle with Parmesan. These scalloped potatoes were a hit on Easter Sunday with friends and family, so why not Thanksgiving?
Scalloped potatoes with onions step by step
- Wash potatoes and slice thin.
- Slice onion thin.
- In sauce pan, melt butter and add flour. Stir until thick. Add milk little bits at a time to make a creamy sauce..
- Add salt, pepper and cayenne pepper and stir..
- Add about a cup or so of shredded cheese..
- Place half the potatoes in a casserole dish with onions on top..
- Pour half of the creamy mixture over top. Then top with the rest of the potatoes..
- Sprinkle the top with more cheese..
- Bake uncovered in a preheated 350 degree oven for 60 minutes..
Jazz up oven-baked Betty Crocker® potatoes with ranch dressing, rich cream and crunchy French-Fried onion rings. Sprinkle with the bacon and green onion; set aside. Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth. Quick and easy Potatoes Au Gratin or Scalloped Potatoes recipe. Add a few extra ingredients for some delicious flavor to make French Onion Potatoes Au.