Finnish Pulla for Bread Machine. We call it Finnish coffee bread (I'm of Finnish descent). Instead of ground cardamom we put the seeds in which for some reason really add WONDERFUL flavor. Your bread machine makes this pulla bread recipe easier.
But do not mix salt with yeast. Salt will negate the action of the. Try this Finnish Pulla , Bread Machine recipe, or contribute your own. You can have Finnish Pulla for Bread Machine using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Finnish Pulla for Bread Machine
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water, lukewarm.
- You need 3 of eggs, 1 egg reserved for glaze.
- It’s 4 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of ground cardamom.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of yeast.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter, cut into 4 chunks.
- You need 1-2 tablespoons of pearl sugar for topping loaves.
Finnish Pulla Recipe – my mom's recipe for a traditional Finnish bread scented with fragrant A traditional recipe for Pulla – a Finnish Cardamom Bread that tastes and smells heavenly. I recently found a recipe in a bread machine book. Tried it yesterday, the texture of the pulla was fantastic but. Bread Machine Best Ever Pizza Crust.
Finnish Pulla for Bread Machine step by step
- Place milk, water, and 2 lightly beaten eggs in bread machine pan..
- Add flour, sugar, salt, cardamom in pan, then top with yeast and butter. Program bread machine to dough setting..
- Remove dough from bread machine pan and place on lightly floured surface. Divide dough into 3 equal pieces. Roll each piece of dough into 10-14 inch strand and braid like you would hair. Pinch and tuck ends under and place on greased or parchment covered baking sheet. Lightly cover with clean kitchen towel and let rise for about 30-45 minutes..
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Beat remaining egg and gently brush on loaf top and sides with pastry brush. Sprinkle with pearl sugar. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until light golden brown. Cool on wire rack, then slice to serve..
Multi-Grain Bread (Bread Machine or Conventional). Focaccia with Olives and Rosemary (Bread Machine or Conventional Method). Finnish Cardamom Pulla Bread – A light and delicious loaf of Finnish cardamom bread! This cardamom bread dough braided into a beautiful loaf and topped with a cardamom wash and almonds. Perfect topped with butter or jam for Easter breakfast or weekend brunch!