Grandma's chicken curry special. Tasty Country Chicken Curry Recipe By My Grandma Myna Street Food The leading brand in Telugu Media & Entertainment & Indian Street Food industry now. Homemade Sri Lankan chicken curry made by Grandma is one of the best tasting foods on this eat. Sri Lankan curries are known to be difficult to perfect, mainly because no one writes down their recipes…but just relies on their instincts to create things that taste amazing.
At last season with crushed peppercorns and chopped coriander leaves and. Indian-inspired chicken curry includes a variety of aromatic spices simmered in a coconut milk-based sauce and served with naan bread and rice. "This is an adaptation of yellow chicken curry from India. The aromas and flavors are a delight to the senses! You can cook Grandma's chicken curry special using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Grandma's chicken curry special
- It’s of Main.
- It’s 1/2 kg of chicken parts (can be wing, thigh or drumstick).
- It’s 2 of potato, medium, peeled and cut into wedges.
- You need of Spice.
- You need 1 of yellow ginger (turmeric), peeled outer skin, sliced (please use glove to avoid stain).
- It’s 1 of blue ginger (galangal), peeled outer skin, sliced.
- You need 1 of lemongrass, trim the root and discard green upper portion, use only white stem.
- Prepare 20 of small purple onion, peeled and chopped.
- It’s 6 of dried red chilli, soaked in water to soften, remove seed and cut into tiny bits (please use glove).
- It’s of Other.
- You need 200 ml of coconut cream/milk, do not dilute.
- Prepare 300 ml of water.
- You need 3 tbsp of cooking oil.
It is best served with fresh Naan bread and. My first video is one of my favourite dishes of all time – Grandma's special Chicken Curry. This is one of the better place to eat at the basement of Paragon if you like spicy food. Grandma's Chicken Curry – By VahChef @ VahRehVah.com.
Grandma's chicken curry special instructions
- Wash chicken parts with coarse salt and rinse clean with water..
- For those not sure what the spices look like. Here is a photo taken before being pounded/grind..
- Grind/pound each spices one by one, then mix together to grind/pound. If you using pounder, crush/smash the lemongrass in mixture. If you using grinder, crush/smash the lemongrass separately, do not grind lemongrass..
- Heat cooking oil in frying pan using medium heat. Stir fry the spices till fragrant for 3 minutes..
- Add in chicken parts. Stir fry till chicken evenly mixed for 5 minutes..
- Turn off the heat. Add coconut cream/milk. Stir everything till chicken parts evenly coated..
- Scoop everything in frying pan to a big pot. Add in potato and water. Use low heat to simmer for 20 minutes. Do not cover the pot completely to avoid boiling over. Stir the curry frequently to avoid curry being burnt at bottom..
- Ready to serve with rice while hot..
Chicken Recipe ❤ Village Special Spicy Chicken Curry prepared by Grandma Goan Prawn Curry with Coconut is a spicy, sour curry that comes from Goa and is also called Ambot Tik. It turned out so delicious, Thank you for the recipe, it reminded me of my grandma's cooking. It should work with chicken, but you'll have to cook it for longer because chicken takes longer than. Chicken Curry Recipe – Grandma's Village Style Chicken Curry – Village Food Secrets.