Chicken popcorn. Remove from the oil and drain on a paper towel lined plate and season with salt. Popcorn chicken recipe – Learn to make crunchy kfc style popcorn chicken at home with this simple and quick recipe. Popcorn chicken is much popular in every part of the world and makes its presence on the menus of KFC, fast food centres & even in restaurants.
Next, combine flour, salt, baking powder, cayenne pepper, dried oregano, ground turmeric, onion powder, and black pepper in a bag. Popcorn chicken is a dish consisting of small, bite-sized pieces of chicken that have been breaded and fried, and was originally developed by KFC. Popcorn chicken was invented by food technologist Gene Gagliardi. You can have Chicken popcorn using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken popcorn
- It’s of Prep Time : 26-30 minutes.
- Prepare of Cook time : 21-25 minutes.
- You need 4 of Serve :.
- Prepare 400 grams of Boneless Chicken cut into very small cubes.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare of Oil for deep-frying.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s to taste of Black pepper powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Cornflour.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Refined flour (maida).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- You need 1 tbsp of Chaat masala.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Crushed black pepper 1 teaspoon.
It was test-marketed in the United States from March. In another medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, and hot sauce. Shake excess flour off the chicken. Dip chicken in the egg mixture, then coat in the flour mixture left in the bowl.
Chicken popcorn instructions
- Break the eggs into a bowl, add salt and pepper powder and beat. Mix cornflour, 2 tbsps refined flour, salt and ¼ tsp red chilli powder and spread on a plate..
- Place the chicken cubes in a bowl, add salt, 1 tsp red chilli powder, lemon juice and mix and set aside to marinate for ½ hour. Heat sufficient oil in a wok..
- Add remaining refined flour to the chicken pieces and mix well. Dip each chicken piece separately in the egg mixture, roll in the spiced flour mixture and slide into the hot oil and deep fry till done. Do not brown them. Drain on absorbent paper..
- Mix chaat masala, remaining red chilli powder, crushed black pepper and well. Sprinkle most this spice mixture over the chicken cubes and mix well..
- Transfer into a serving bowl, sprinkle remaining spice mixture and serve hot..
Top with ½ cup dill and chives. Satisfy your KFC popcorn chicken cravings sitting at home with these KFC Style Spicy Popcorn Chicken bites that are so close to the real thing and are healthier! Dip these little pieces of glory into Sriracha Mayo Dip and enjoy the loud crunch! For the honey sriracha mayo: Stir together the mayo, sriracha and honey to taste. All white meat, like every nugget should be.