Holiday inspired pan fried duck with celeriac mash and fig sauce. While the duck rests, reheat the celeriac purée, braised celeriac, and sauce. Once the braised celeriac is warm, remove it from the pan and keep warm, then boil the cooking liquid to Spoon some celeriac purée onto each plate in a swirl. Add a spoonful of candied kumquat purée and a wedge of.
Duck breasts make a great main course for entertaining – they are quick to cook and full of flavour. This easy recipe serves them in a creamy, peppery thyme sauce with celeriac mash. Reheat the mash and divide between two plates. You can have Holiday inspired pan fried duck with celeriac mash and fig sauce using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Holiday inspired pan fried duck with celeriac mash and fig sauce
- You need of The celeriac mash.
- You need 1/2 of a celeriac.
- You need 2 of big potatoes (I used Maris piper).
- You need 1-2 tbsp of creme fraiche.
- Prepare Half of a tsp nutmeg.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of The duck.
- Prepare 2 of x duck breasts.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves bashed / skin on.
- You need sprigs of Thyme.
- It’s of Seasoning.
- Prepare of The sauce.
- It’s 4 of ripe figs.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s of Good splash balsamic vinegar.
- You need of Good splash red wine.
- It’s 2 tsp of fig jam/chutney.
- You need of Water.
Arrange slices of duck breast on top and pour the sauce over. Try our delicious celeriac mash and fried eggs recipe plus other recipes from Red Online. Celeriac, the humble celery root, is greatly under-rated. Underneath its stumpy ugly exterior lies velvety flesh, subtly tasting of celery, which purees beautifully to a creamy mash.
Holiday inspired pan fried duck with celeriac mash and fig sauce instructions
- Chop the celeriac and potatoes and add them to a pot of cold water. Season with salt and bring to the boil. Then reduce the heat and simmer until soft..
- Once cooked, strain the vegetables and mash. Add the creme fraiche and finely grated nutmeg and keep mashing until smooth. Season and put in a warm oven..
- Prepare the duck – score the skin, season on both sides and then place the duck skin side down on a hot non-stick pan over a medium heat. Cook for 15 – 18 minutes. After about two or three minutes add the Garlic and thyme.
- Meanwhile prepare your sauce. Finely chop the figs and add to a pan with a little olive oil. Fry for 2 mins. Turn up the heat and add a good lug of red wine and allow to reduce. Then add a little sugar, the chutney and a dash of balsamic vinegar. Reduce the heat and allow to cook. Add water as you go to keep it saucey. Cook for about 10 minutes..
- After 15-18 minutes of cooking skin side down, flip your duck breasts and cook for another two minutes on the other side..
- Remove from the heat and leave to rest while you prepare your plates, cook your veg and make sure your celeriac is warm..
- Slice the duck (it should be pink) and serve..
Fried Duck Confit with Eucalyptus Honey & Mustard Greens By Richard Blais Who can resist crispy duck skin that gives way to… Confit of duck with a dark cherry glaze, served on a bed of celeriac mash. Duck confit with figs and stonefruits. Pan Roasted Duck Breast with Port Wine Cherry Sauce the optimalist kitchen..duck breast served with crispy fried potato dumplings, creamy celeriac mash and a sensational Transfer celeriac mixture to a food processor. Serve duck with blackcurrant sauce, celeriac puree and.