Bangla Dum aaluu.
You can cook Bangla Dum aaluu using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bangla Dum aaluu
- It’s 3 Tablespoons of Mustard oil.
- Prepare 1/2 Kg of Baby Potatoes, boiled with skin peeled.
- You need 2 Teaspoons of Turmeric powder.
- You need 3 of Black Cardamom.
- Prepare 1 inch of Cinnamon stick.
- You need 4 of Cloves.
- Prepare 2 of Bay Leaves.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of fresh Red Tomato puree.
- You need 1/2 Cup of fresh Curd.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of Garam Masala power.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of Red Chilli powder.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Coriander powder.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Sugar.
- It’s As per taste of Salt.
- You need as required of To garnish – fresh green Coriander.
- You need For of Ground paste :~:.
- Prepare 2 of Medium sized roughly chopped onion.
- Prepare 1 inch of chopped Ginger.
- You need 5 cloves of Garlic pods.
- It’s 2 of Green Chillies chopped.
Bangla Dum aaluu step by step
- Add the onions, ginger, green chillies and garlic into the mixer blender and grind into a smooth paste. Transfer the onion paste to a bowl and keep aside..
- Heat 2 tablespoons of Mustard oil in a wok, add the boiled potatoes, a pinch of turmeric powder, and salt. Now saute the potatoes till they turn light golden brown in colour. Roasting the potatoes gives the added flavour to the dish and making it healthier, once potatoes turn golden brown and are lightly crisp we can transfer the potatoes separately and keep aside..
- In the same wok we add 2 tablespoons of Mustard oil, add in the onion, ginger and garlic paste. Saute the onions mixture for 5 minutes on low flame until the paste turns golden and the raw smell goes away. Now we will add an inch piece of cinnamon, black cardamoms, cloves and a bay leaves, stirring to combine all the spices and roasting them along with onions for few minutes until we smell the aroma..
- Now add in pureed tomatoes, turmeric powder, coriander powder and teaspoon of garam masala powder and stir the ingredients until they are well combined into the onions paste, can also add a chilli powder as requirements of more or less spicy, when the spices are well combined with the onion paste, add about half a cup of curd and stir again. to mix it well..
- Mix it well and add in the potatoes and a teaspoon of sugar..
- Cover the pan and we will now simmer the potatoes on low flame for about 20 minutes and making sure you stir the Aaluu Dum masala occasionally once or twice in between. Add a bit of fresh green coriander leaves..
- Transfer the Bengali Aaluu Dum into a serving dish, stir the coriander leaves well into it for giving it added flavour and freshness. Serve Bengali Aaluu Dum along with Bengali Luchi and enjoy the bliss..