Vegan pot pie. These pot pies come just in time for extra-chilly winter days. Vegan Pot Pie is ready in about an hour, and makes a delicious main dish for any holiday. Well this Vegan Pot Pie is like a million times tastier than the one I used to eat!
The tricky part is topping the pie with the gluten-free crust because it bursts easily. Super easy veggie-packed vegan pot pie with a gorgeous golden brown crust. This cheesy and deliciously savory pie is perfect for a special occasion. You can cook Vegan pot pie using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan pot pie
- You need of Puff pastry.
- You need 1 of pkt white onion soup mix.
- Prepare 1 tsp of crushed garlic.
- It’s 4 of Frys spicy sausages.
- You need of Any frozen or fresh mixed veggies.
- You need 1 of \4 tsp turmeric and paprika.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need drops of Hickory liquid smoke +-5.
- Prepare 1 of diced white onion.
- You need of Olive oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast.
Topping these vegan pot pies with individual-sized top crusts makes the pastry portion of this recipe quick and easy. Read our Flaky Vegan Pie Crust post for additional tips and tricks. These mini pot pies are my vegan version of the traditional chicken pot pie. It's snowing a lot this week in Canada, so I couldn't think of anything I wanted more for dinner tonight than something thick and.
Vegan pot pie instructions
- Fry diced onion and sausages till soft then add garlic.
- Cut up sausages and add veggies of choice (about a third of a bag of frozen mixed veg).
- Add soup mix and 750ml of water.
- Add all spices.
- Let sauce thicken then move mixture to a pie or casserole dish.
- Add your pastry over dish and press gently on sides to seal.
- Cook until golden brown.
Making a vegan pot pie is basically the same as making a non-vegan pot pie except swapping out the chicken for beans. Start by sautéing off some veggies. I used the typical onions, garlic, celery and. Hearty and Cozy, this Chickpea Pot Pie has a flaky crust, lots of veggies, a creamy sauce, and plenty of plant-based protein thanks to hearty-healthy Chickpeas! Most Pot Pie is typically, well, not Vegan.