Not your Mama's potato salad!. Includes new potatoes, radishes, spring onions, cress, green beans, creamed horseradish, lemon, olive oil, mayonnaise. Related categories: Salads Summer Boiling Dairy-free Sesame-free Seafood-free Peanut-free Tree-nut-free Sulfite-free Ovo-vegetarian Vegetarian Pescetarian + See all. Say goodbye to potato salad drenched in mayo.
Add the scallions, roasted red pepper, tomatoes and pasta, and toss the salad to coat evenly. I'm not normally a fan of horseradish but my hubby loves it and he considers potato salad one of the main food groups. Reviews for: Photos of Mama's Potato Salad. You can cook Not your Mama's potato salad! using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Not your Mama's potato salad!
- You need of salad.
- You need 5 small of potatoes (I like yukon gold or red).
- You need 5 of hard boiled eggs.
- You need 3 of green onions, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 of red bell pepper, diced.
- It’s 3 slice of crispy bacon, diced.
- Prepare 1/4 of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of course ground dijon mustard.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
This post may contain affiliate links. This is the way my mother and my grandmother always made their potato salad. A really nice side dish to go with BBQ! Not bad with fried chicken or for the holiday meals either.
Not your Mama's potato salad! instructions
- Simmer potatoes on medium heat. Cook for about 20 min or so. (The skins are left on so it is a long cook time, but it keeps you from having soggy potatoes.).
- Halve eggs and remove the yolks, set yolks aside in a large mixing bowl. Dice the whites and set aside..
- Add the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic, and vinegar to the bowl with the yolks and mix until smooth..
- Once the potatoes are done let them cool a bit and give them a large dice (I leave the skins on). Add to the mayo mix and let cool in the fridge..
- Once the potatoes are cooled add the egg, onion, bacon and peppers. Now its ready to eat!.
Mama's Potato Salad recipe: Try this Mama's Potato Salad recipe, or contribute your own. Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Potato Salad is one of the dishes introduced in the very first Cooking Mama. It has appeared a few times since then. Potato Salad is a popular picnic dish based around chunked, boiled potato mixed with a variety of ingredients in a mayonnaise sauce.