Puff Pastry Pizza Pie. When thawed, carefully open the sheet, then slice it in half down the middle. Place both halves on a baking sheet lined with parchment or a baking mat. Puff Pizza Pies – another favourite in our house and quick to make are little puff pastry pizzas.
The puff pastry and sun dried tomatoes are the star and this pizza is a refreshing change from the standard pie. The 'puff' makes for a delicate crust and requires that you cut it into small pieces. I forgot to poke holes in the dough and it poofed up until it cooled. You can cook Puff Pastry Pizza Pie using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Puff Pastry Pizza Pie
- You need 375 g of all butter puff pastry.
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes.
- Prepare 10 slices of pepperoni.
- Prepare 125 g of mozzarella.
- It’s of Heaped teaspoon of pesto.
- It’s of Big squeeze of tomato puree.
- It’s Pinch of mixed dry herbs.
- You need of Flour for thickening.
- It’s Dash of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 80 g of strength 5 English cheddar cheese.
Spoon enough veg and sauce into the centre of the puff pastry sheet and spread out right to the corners. Coarsely grate or finely slice the cheese and sprinkle over the top. Finish with the remaining basil leaves. Cut off the corners to make a circle.
Puff Pastry Pizza Pie step by step
- Put tomatoes, pesto, olive oil, tomato puree & mixed herbs into a blender/food processor. Mix together until smoothish. Add flour to thicken sauce if desired..
- Grease a big, flat tray with olive oil. Put pastry onto tin. Add sauce in the centre and spread outwards half way..
- Place the pepperoni in a circle in the centre. Slice mozzarella and put in a circle on top of the pepperoni. Grate the cheese and sprinkle on top..
- Fold pastry over concoction from 4 sides. Brush top of pastry with olive oil. Put in oven for 15-20 minutes on gas mark 6. Longer if not yet golden brown..
Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet. Place the pastry circles onto baking sheets. Prick the pastry thoroughly with a fork. Repeat with the other puff pastry pieces and layering. Puff Pastry vs Pie Crust The Difference Between Puff Pastry and Pie Crust.