Fig Jam. Fig jam is a delightful accompaniment to a cheese platter, cheesecake or fresh bread. While it's available in the stores, you can't beat the flavor of freshly made jam from ripe figs. Making and canning your own fig jam is easy.
This fig jam is so delicious and so easy and quick to make with sun-dried figs. I love the enhanced figgie flavor from the dried figs, the hint of lemon and the crunchy seeds of this sweet treat! This is a French jam preserve recipe. You can cook Fig Jam using 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fig Jam
- It’s 4 of Figs (about 400 g).
- It’s 160 grams of Granulated sugar (or caster sugar), (about 40% of the weight of the figs).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
Learn how to make your own fig jam at. This homemade fig jam recipe is made without pectin. The figs are combined with lemon juice and sugar and then simmered until it reaches the gel stage. This sweet fig jam is so easy to make at home!
Fig Jam step by step
- Peel the figs (they can be easily peeled by hand), and slice..
- Add the figs to a pot and add the sugar and lemon juice on top. Let sit for 30 minutes..
- Cook over a low-medium heat for 15-20 minutes. Mash with a spatula as you cook and skim off any residue that floats to the surface..
- When it looks like this, it's ready!.
- Sterilize the jars in boiling water. Pour the jam into the jars, put the lids on, flip upside down and let cool..
- I really recommend trying it mixed in with natural yogurt!.
Unlike the more common jams such as strawberry or raspberry, fig jam has a unique taste that is kind of fancier and pairs perfectly with cheeses. This is classic fig jam without pectin or artificial flavorings just like our moms and grandmas used to make. A great way to save figs when they are in abundance. When Life Gives You Figs, Make Fig Jam. This orange fig jam recipes is so incredibly easy Small-Batch Fig Honey Jam is an easy fig jam recipe with no pectin, refined sugar.