Fig jam with cocoa powder and roasted almonds. Cocoa roasted almonds are so easy to make at home! And with simple ingredients like honey and cocoa powder, they're much healthier than the store bought kind. Nothing says Christmas to me like time in the kitchen, Christmas jams blaring, and a Christmas tree twinkling away in the background.
Mix with the lemon juice and jam sugar. Recipes with Figs. cocoa powder, almond milk, maple syrup, cashew flour, salt, vanilla bean. Chocolate Ganache Cake SRCThe Heritage Cook. You can cook Fig jam with cocoa powder and roasted almonds using 5 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fig jam with cocoa powder and roasted almonds
- Prepare 1 kg of figs.
- Prepare 400 g of sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of black cocoa powder.
- It’s 1 of whole lemon (peel and juice).
- You need 100 g of blanched almonds.
Increase speed to medium high and whisk until egg whites begin to form stiff peaks. How to make fudgy almond brownies from scratch with cocoa powder instead of melted chocolate. The base is similar — there's cocoa powder instead of melted chocolate, butter, sugar, eggs and flour. The original is pretty amazing, this time, though, we add lots of crunchy roasted almonds and sea.
Fig jam with cocoa powder and roasted almonds instructions
- Choose ripe but firm figs..
- Peel the skin off the figs (if your figs come from an area without any air pollution or car exhausts you don't have to peel them, the skin is edible and contributes to the final result, but make sure you wash them first)..
- Quarter them and place them in the pot, one layer of figs, then cover them with sugar, another layer of figs, then sugar and set them aside overnight. The figs will absorb the sugar and let out their juices..
- On the following day, boil them over moderate to low heat together with the sugar and the lemon (juice and peel), stirring constantly so that the jam doesn't stick to the pot. Skim off the foam from time to time. You may use the lemon peel whole (it will contribute not just its pectin but also the distinct aroma and you can remove it in the end) or sliced into very thin strips like matchsticks (which you leave in the jam and will give it a very aromatic and particular taste)..
- Toast the almonds (in a frying pan, stirring constantly so they are evenly toasted. Make sure that you don't allow them to turn brown because then they have a very bitter taste)..
- Grind the almonds in a food processor, then mix well with the cocoa powder and set the mixture aside until you need to use it..
- As soon as the jam starts to boil, if you like, you can remove the seeds that rise to the surface using a fine strainer. If they don't bother you, just leave them, since they serve a good purpose in your body. You can always remove just the first ones that you see. Anyhow, the more you remove, the smoother the texture of the jam is going to be..
- When the jam has boiled (it will start to set, look glossy and will not stick to the sides of the pan, but you can always do the cold plate test*), remove the pot from heat..
- Add the mixture of the almonds and cocoa powder and mix thoroughly..
- Store the jam in sterilized jars while it's still hot, close well and turn them upside down so that the jars seal properly. It is important to have the jars seal well since there are no additional preservatives in the jam..
- The final result is a jam with a very soft texture and extremely delicious. Try it on a pice of fresh bread and it will be love at first… taste!!.
Please leave a comment below and tell me what you think. Remember to THUMBS UP as a way to show your support! (open for recipe. And with simple ingredients like honey and cocoa powder, they're much healthier than the store bought kind. Recipe for cocoa dusted almonds, made with raw almonds, coconut oil, cocoa powder, and confectioners sugar. Almonds get roasted until crunchy and then tossed with cocoa powder and confectioners' sugar.