Fig jam. Fig jam is a delightful accompaniment to a cheese platter, cheesecake or fresh bread. While it's available in the stores, you can't beat the flavor of freshly made jam from ripe figs. Making and canning your own fig jam is easy.
This fig jam is so delicious and so easy and quick to make with sun-dried figs. I love the enhanced figgie flavor from the dried figs, the hint of lemon and the crunchy seeds of this sweet treat! This is a French jam preserve recipe. You can have Fig jam using 3 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fig jam
- Prepare 1 kg of figs.
- You need 500 g of sugar.
- You need 3 tsp of lemon juice.
Learn how to make your own fig jam at. This homemade fig jam recipe is made without pectin. The figs are combined with lemon juice and sugar and then simmered until it reaches the gel stage. This sweet fig jam is so easy to make at home!
Fig jam instructions
- Pick out the figs that are ripe and strong. Remove the skin, place them in a bowl and mash them…
- Place the fig purée in the pot with the sugar and mix..
- Boil over medium heat stirring constantly so that it doesn't stick and skim off the foam..
- Add the lemon juice torwards the end..
- Let the jam cool and store in jars..
Unlike the more common jams such as strawberry or raspberry, fig jam has a unique taste that is kind of fancier and pairs perfectly with cheeses. This is classic fig jam without pectin or artificial flavorings just like our moms and grandmas used to make. A great way to save figs when they are in abundance. When Life Gives You Figs, Make Fig Jam. This orange fig jam recipes is so incredibly easy Small-Batch Fig Honey Jam is an easy fig jam recipe with no pectin, refined sugar.