Fried red potatoes. These fried red potatoes are a great side dish ready in a matter of minutes! How to cook red potatoes in a skillet with very little prep time. I like my red potatoes crispy, but feel free to cook them how you.
You don't even need to bother with peeling the skin. Red potatoes have a slightly waxy texture and retain their shape better when cooked than russet potatoes Try These Next. Red or "New" potatoes are more moist and full flavored than some others. You can have Fried red potatoes using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fried red potatoes
- It’s 8 of red potatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 (1 pack) of bacon.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- You need clove of Chopped garlic.
Methods to fry them ranges from potato chips, which is usually a deep fried method, to frying the smaller sizes whole. How We Make Skillet Fried Potatoes, Best Old Fashioned Southern Fried Recipes. This garlicky red potato and asparagus dish is easy and delicious served either hot or cold. Home Fries Made With Red Potatoes.
Fried red potatoes instructions
- Put 1/2 oil in pan and set on med to med high while oil is heating up chop up onion.
- Put bacon strips and chopped onion in hot frying pan (I use my cast iron) add a dash of salt and pepper and chopped garlic clove to the pan.
- While onions and bacon are cooking in pan chop red potatoes into small cubes.
- Add potatoes into pan with onion and bacon.
- Cook on medium and stir about every 10 minutes for about 45 minutes to an hour.
- You can add cheese to the top after they have been all fried up if that's what you like but they really don't need it! Enjoy.
In a heavy skillet over moderate heat, melt the butter and olive oil. When the foaming decreases add the potatoes. Red Fried Potatoes is a very popular recipe. Learn how to make/prepare Red Fried Potatoes by following this easy recipe. A wide variety of red potatoes fries options are available to you, such as local service location, packaging, and cultivation type.