Indian potato greenpeas mushroom gravy. This matar mushroom recipe is a Punjabi style dish that has a little thick gravy. It is a healthy low fat dish that has all the goodness of peas and mushrooms & spices with very little oil being used in its preparation. Do try it and let us know how you like it and your experience with preparing it.
Potatoes and peas with spicy gravy makes a great main dish. I made this dish tonight, and it was amazing. I did add mushrooms, garlic, onions, carrots, and cauliflower- I wanted to use up the. You can have Indian potato greenpeas mushroom gravy using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Indian potato greenpeas mushroom gravy
- It’s 2 of large potatoes.
- It’s 1 cup of frozen green peas, defrosted.
- Prepare 1 cup of button mushrooms, sliced.
- You need 6 of tomatoes, chopped into small pieces.
- It’s 1-2 tsp of garam masala powder.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of red chilli powder, add according to ur spice tolerance.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of tumeric powder.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped finely.
- It’s of salt.
- You need 2-3 of green chillies, slit into two.
- You need 2 cups of water.
- It’s of oil.
It is made of potatoes and peas in a spicy thick onion tomato gravy. The potatoes in this gravy absorb the flavor of mushrooms and taste very good. This potato mushroom gravy also goes very well with flavored rice like pulao, jeera rice or ghee rice. Leafy green like palak or spinach can also be used.
Indian potato greenpeas mushroom gravy instructions
- In a heavy bottom pan, add oil, fry the onions till translucent.
- Add the potators and fry for 4-5mins, add green chillies, mushrooms and fry for another 5 mins.
- Add the green peas and mix well.
- Add the tumeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder abd salt. Mix well and cook for 5 to 10 mins.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook on medium high flame.
- Once the tomatoes cooks well and becomes juicy, add the water and cook on medium flame for 15 -20 mins till the potatoes are cooked..
- Serve with plain rice or pulao or even chapathi.
Fine chop them and add along with the mushrooms to. Caribbean Coconut Collards and Sweet Potatoes [Vegan]. Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream Pops [Vegan]. Rinku Bhattacharya is a creative Indian cooking teacher and writer, who began teaching Indian cooking almost a decade ago, to share the culture and home flavors of her native India. Once the potatoes are half cooked, add green peas, chopped tomatoes and mix well.