Mike's EZ Pork Carnitas.
You can cook Mike's EZ Pork Carnitas using 23 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's EZ Pork Carnitas
- It’s of ● For The Carnitas.
- Prepare 5 Pounds of Pork Shoulder Roast [bone in].
- You need 2 (8 oz) of Packages Garlicky Frontera Carnita Slow Cooker Sauce.
- You need 4 (14 oz) of Cans Beef Broth.
- Prepare 1 of EX LG White Onion [chopped].
- Prepare 1 of LG Green Bell Pepper [chopped].
- Prepare 1 Bottle of Mexican Coca-Cola [use 1/2].
- It’s 4 of LG Cloves Fresh Garlic [minced].
- You need 1 of Cinnamon Stick.
- It’s 2 of LG Jalapeños [chopped].
- You need of Juice Of 1 LG Orange.
- It’s of Juice Of 1 Lime.
- You need 1 tsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Cumin.
- It’s of ● Sides/Garnishments.
- Prepare 1 Package of Fresh Flour Tortillas.
- You need as needed of Fresh Radishes.
- You need as needed of Fresh Cilantro.
- Prepare as needed of Lime Wedges.
- It’s as needed of Guacamole.
- It’s as needed of Jalapeños.
- Prepare as needed of Onions.
- You need as needed of Salsa.
Mike's EZ Pork Carnitas instructions
- Use 2 packets. This really is a great brand! It's avaliable at most any major supermarket..
- Pan sear your pork roast on all sides in a slight amount of oil..
- Add all of your vegetables and seasonings [except for your sides/garnishments] and simmer covered stove top [fat side up] for 3 hours. You'll know she's done when you can easily pull the bone from your roast. Or, shread roast easily with 2 forks..
- Strain all fluids from pork roast but retain them for a delicious broth later in the week..
- Shread pork and place in the oven at 425° for 30 minutes uncovered. Drizzle lightly with lard or oil..
- Serve pork hot with chilled garnishments. See my recipe for Mike's Fiesta Guacamole on this site if interested. ;0).