~Salmon in Pastry~. Brush edges of pastry around salmon with egg. Pinch pastry together firmly to seal, then lightly press tines of a dinner fork along edges for a decorative effect. You're going to need a generous amount of puff pastry to make this showstopping salmon centrepiece.
Delicious Salmon en croute recipe for two! Assorted savoury holiday snacks on plate. Find salmon in puff pastry stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. You can have ~Salmon in Pastry~ using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of ~Salmon in Pastry~
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 large of shallot or 1 small onion, diced.
- You need 4 1/2 oz of baby spinach,cooked and drained.
- It’s 1/2 cup of ricotta or cottage cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare pinch of of grated nutmeg (optional).
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 of sheets ready-rolled puff pastry from a 17.3 oz package.
- You need 10 oz of salmon fillet, divided into four equal pieces (or however big you want it).
- You need 1 of egg, beaten.
An excellent blend of salmon, pesto, spinach, and puff pastry. It tastes great and only takes a few minutes to put it Nutritional Information. Salmon is such a healthy fish and so versatile in the kitchen, the variety of recipes for it are endless. Carefully unfold the pastry and roll out on a floured board until it is large enough to wrap around the fillet.
~Salmon in Pastry~ instructions
- Melt the butter and saute the shallot or onion for 8-10 minutes,or until softened.Let cool in pan or transfer to a bowl..
- Squeeze out the moisture from the cooked spinach.Then chop it and add it to the onion, along with the ricotta/cottage,Parmesan, and nutmeg.Add salt and pepper.Mix all together well..
- Cut each pastry sheet on half.Then roll each piece about 6 in x 16 in..
- Place a portion of salmon on the pastry and top with the spinach mixture.Brush a little beaten egg around the salmon and fold the pastry over.Shape into anything you want and use scrap pastry for decoration..
- Brush with beaten egg and chill for 1 hour.Preheat the oven to 400°F. When taken out, brush with the egg again. Bake on a baking sheet for 25 minutes. When done, let cool for 3-4 minutes..
- You can double or triple the recipe depending who you are serving too..
Smoked Salmon In Puff Pastry. southwesternhashbrownsflakypuffpastrysmokedsalmoneasy. Smoked salmon with pasta in a sauce of shallots, garlic, white wine, lemon, and cream, with toasted What I love about this recipe, other than the ingredients (smoked salmon, pine nuts, yum!) is that it. Elevate baked salmon with cream cheese, spinach and a warm, flaky crust shaped like a fish. Cut the salmon into four serving pieces. Transfer each packet to a warm serving plate and slice into four or five pieces on a slight..