You can cook Timpano/Final Assembly using 11 ingredients and 25 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Timpano/Final Assembly
- Prepare of Ragu alla Napoletana.
- Prepare of Savory Pastry Crust.
- It’s of Meatballs.
- Prepare of Chicken Livers.
- It’s of Chicken Breasts.
- It’s of penne rigate or ziti.
- Prepare of peas frozen baby.
- It’s of eggs , hardboiled & lengthwise.
- It’s of mozzarella fresh , cut into irregular Slice 1/2 Pound.
- Prepare of parmigiano , freshly grated.
- It’s of flat leaf Italian parsley , finely chopped.
Timpano/Final Assembly instructions
- Remove the pastry crust from the refrigerator and divide into two portions, one slightly larger than the other..
- Return the smaller portion to the refrigerator before proceeding..
- Lightly flour a board or your countertop..
- Then roll the pastry out into a rough circle, 14 or 15 inches in diameter by 1/4 inch thick..
- Thoroughly butter the bottom and sides of a 10-12 inch springform pan..
- Place the dough in the pan, carefully pressing all around to flatten the bottom, Gently pressing the dough up the sides of the pan..
- Using a paring knife to create and even edge at the top of the pan..
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate..
- Remove the second portion of dough from the refrigerator and roll out into a roughly formed circle approximately 10-12 inches in diameter..
- Place on a floured sheetpan, cover loosely with plastic wrap and return to the refrigerator..
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees, and bring a large pot of water to the boil for the pasta..
- Cook the penne (or ziti) until al dente, drain in a collander and reserve..
- While the pasta is cooking, slice the chicken breasts diagonally into 1/2-1 inch strips..
- Remove the pastry shell fro m the refrigerator, and assemble all of the ingredients necessary for the final assembly..
- Place a layer of pasta in the bottom of the pastry shell, about one inch deep..
- Ladle about 1 cup of the Ragu evenly over the pasta, then sprinkle half the peas over that..
- Arrange half the sausages, meatballs, chicken breasts, chicken livers, hard boiled eggs and mozzarella on top of the pasta, then sprinkle with freshly grated Parmigiano and freshly chopped Italian parsley..
- Repeat the process with the remainder of the pasta, sauce, peas, sausages, meatballs, chicken breasts, chicken livers, hard boiled eggs, mozzarella and parmigiano..
- Save just enough sauce for one final coating on the pasta before you attach the top crust to the Timpano..
- Also, pour any accumulated juices from the chicken breasts and chicken livers over the pasta before sealing with the top crust..
- Remove the top crust from the refrigerator, place on top of the springform pan, trim the edges with a paring knife or scissors, then pinch the top and bottom crusts together with your fingers..
- Make two or three 1 inch slits in the top crust to vent steam during cooking process, place in the center of the preheated oven and bake for approximately 40 minutes..
- The pastry should be well browned, all the ingredients should be thoroughly heated, and the cheese melted.
- Remove the sides from the springform pan, put the Timpano on a platter and serve at the table. Be gracious when the guests applaud..
- READY to Serve..!! :).