Food prep for Okro/Ogbono soup. This is a Three in One Video that shows how to Food prep and Prepare Okro and Ogbono soup the fastest way possible. Just like ogbono soup and Ewedu soup, Okro soup has a viscous texture which makes it an acquired taste. Talking about Ogbono soup – this is a thick delicious, and hearty soup made from the Wild I like to mince half of the okro in a food chopper.
Your okro soup recipe appear nice and affordable too, great outcome i must say. But i discovered from the enumerated ingredients that ogbono was not mentioned only to be mentioned later before the addition of okro – please check. The soup is very easy to prepare, delicious and above all packed with assorted meats to calm your taste bud. You can have Food prep for Okro/Ogbono soup using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Food prep for Okro/Ogbono soup
- It’s of Okro A full bowl.
- You need of Protein :kpomo,Cow leg, Goat meat,Stock Fish: gbonga fish.
- It’s of Vegetable: Nigerian pumpkin leaves aka ugwu and uziza leaf.
- You need of Ground crayfish.
- You need of Iru.
- You need of Pepper : Yellow and Red pepper, Bawa aka chilli pepper.
- Prepare of Kitchen glory veg spice (1 satchet).
- Prepare of Stock cubes to taste (3 – 5).
- It’s to taste of Salt.
When ground, ogbono is prepared as soup with other condiments and eaten with fufu or pounded yam. It is a typical African dish made with ground ogbono. So there I was craving Ogbono soup a little while ago, just like okro Soup, I love the ease of preparing ogbono soup. Most people think ogbono needs to be melted in oil in order to make it draw (viscous) but this is a In a blender or food processor, process the peppers to a coerce consistency – set aside.
Food prep for Okro/Ogbono soup instructions
- Wash your protein of choice, stock fish,Kpomo,dry fish. Put in a clean pot then spice it with sliced onions and stock cube. Put your Ogbono in a small bowl,mix it with palm oil and place it inside the pot for the Ogbono to get smooth. Remove it. Cook till meat is soft. Then bring down from fire..
- Pour the red palm oil into a dry pot and set on the stove to heat. As soon as the oil melts(don't allow it bleach,it should just turn translucent),add the sliced onions and fry for sometime,add the okro, pepper and iru to the mix,then fry..
- Add the meat/fish stock (water from cooking the fish and meat), Add the Ogbono then stir the okro mix. Still too thick? you can add a little hot water in the same way till you get the consistency you want..
- Top up the water when necessary. If you don't stir it, it will burn. Dont cook for long so its still fresh. Add the ground crayfish(reason it's added now is so it doesn't burn the soup). Stir and add the sliced Uziza leaves, then add the Nigerian pumpkin leaves..
- Stir very well and add the cooked stockfish,Meat is added if it's for personal use..
- Leave to simmer and it is done! The perfect swallow for Okro/Ogbono Soup is Pounded Yam. You can also serve it with Eba (Garri), Amala, Semolina Fufu, or Cassava Fufu..
How to prepare ogbono and okro soup- Learning the basics. Ogbono are seeds found in the wild African bush mango plant common in Nigeria. These seeds are used mainly to make a sticky Ogbono soup which is sometimes referred to as draw soup. This soup is sometimes prepared with additional. Ogbono Soup, also known as Draw Soup, is a Nigerian soup recipe prepared with Ogbono Seeds.