Kung Pao Chicken.
You can cook Kung Pao Chicken using 26 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kung Pao Chicken
- It’s of Prep time 20 mints.
- It’s of Cooking time 10 mints.
- You need of Total time 30 mints.
- It’s of Chicken Marinade:.
- You need 1 1/2 kg of boneless chicken cut into cubes.
- It’s 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 2 tsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of corn flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need of Gravy:.
- It’s 3 tsp of cornflour.
- You need 5 tbsp of light soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dark soy sauce.
- You need 5 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sriracha sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of water.
- It’s 3 tbsp of honey.
- It’s 1 of medium onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of minced ginger.
- It’s 6 of dried red chilies cut into halves and seeds removed.
- Prepare 1 of red capsicum cut into 1" cubes.
- Prepare 1 of green capsicum cut into 1" cubes.
- It’s 3 tbsp of fried peanuts for garnish.
- You need 1 tbsp of finely chopped green onions for garnish.
Kung Pao Chicken step by step
- Measure and prepare all ingredients. Marinate the chicken and keep aside or refrigerate until further use..
- Make cornflour slurry and keep aside too. Fry peanuts in oil on a low flame till golden..
- In a separate bowl mix together water, light soy sauce, vinegar, honey, sesame oil, sriracha, dark soy sauce and leave aside..
- Using the same oil in which peanuts were fried, heat in a pan over medium flame, cook the marinated chicken in a single layer, as soon as it changes colour, dish out and keep aside..
- Again, in the same oil saute onions till translucent, add ginger garlic and saute till fragrant. Now add the red chilies, chicken, red and green capsicums and the sauce mix and stir well..
- Lastly add the cornflour slurry, mix well and turn off the flame. You do not want the veggies to discolour or soften. Dish out and garnish with fried peanuts and spring onions. Serve with rice of your choice. Enjoy!.