Zucchini Boats. These Taco Zucchini Boats are the perfect use for the abundance of summer zucchini. They're jam packed with flavor, they're perfectly filling, and have less carbs than the traditional flour or corn tortilla. Easy Stuffed Zucchini Boats are the perfect way to enjoy your fresh summer zucchini!
This zucchini boat recipe is low-carb, paleo, keto. Stuffed zucchini boats with the flavor of chicken parmesan. Sausage Stuffed Zucchini Boats are perfect for summer zucchinis, stuffed with Italian chicken sausage, topped with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese. You can cook Zucchini Boats using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Zucchini Boats
- Prepare of ground sausage (ground: beef, turkey, chicken optional).
- You need of (1/2 16oz jar) hot salsa (mild optional).
- It’s of medium zucchini.
- You need of mozzarella or Cheddar cheese shredded.
- It’s of part skim ricotta cheese.
- You need of egg.
- You need of Mrs. Dash.
Chop the zucchini flesh and set aside. Spoon in and mound the sausage mixture into the zucchini boats. These lasagna-stuffed zucchini boats are much healthier than their carby counterparts and come together easily, making them Zucchini boats are the perfect use for medium-to-large zucchini. Delish zucchini stuffed with your favorite ingredients and finished on the hot grill.
Zucchini Boats step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown ground sausage, and drain off any grease. Add salsa and mix well, and let simmer for 5–7 minutes to let flavors meld..
- In a bowl mix ricotta cheese with egg and add Mrs. Dash (mix well).
- Slice zucchini lengthwise, and scoop out the center using a teaspoon..
- Place zucchini boats on a baking sheet, and spoon in a heaping teaspoon of ricotta mixture, then spoon on the salsa meat mixture. Top with shredded cheese, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes..
Instead of closing them in foil I made small foil boats and cooked the zucchini with the top exposed. Zucchini is sliced into boats and filled with a cheesy, savory mushroom mixture in this vegetarian recipe, good for a main course or as a side dish. Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats are loaded with taco seasoned ground beef, cheese and topped with your favorite toppings. These make a delicious low carb meal and are perfect for using up that zucchini! These zucchini boats are quickly becoming a favorite in my household.