Cheese and corn spring rolls. Heat oil in a frying pan. When the oil becomes hot, gently dip the spring roll strips. Fry on a medium flame till the rolls become golden brown and look crisp.
Prepare the filling by frying the onion and dry herbs till onion is soft and slightly brown. Add the spices and chopped greens. Mix through and take off the heat. You can have Cheese and corn spring rolls using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheese and corn spring rolls
- You need of Spring roll pur:.
- You need 4 cups of sifted all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 500 ml of room temp water.
- You need of Prep:.
- It’s 1/2 cup of oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of flour.
- It’s of Cheese 'and corn filling.
- You need 1 of med onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dry mixed herbs.
- You need 500 g of frozen sweetcorn.
- It’s 1 tsp of bbq spice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of steak and chops spice.
- It’s 1 tsp of chicken spice (all 3 optional just adds extra flavour).
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper powder.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped dhanya.
- Prepare of Few sprigs chopped spring onion.
- You need 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese.
- It’s 2 of finely chopped chillies(optional).
Add the grated cheese, mix through and leave to cool. Fill the spring roll purs as in pics below. Cheese corn spring roll, a fried snack that has a crisp exterior and a soft cheesy interior can make anyone drool. Cheese and corn has a great combination as is chai and pakoras- inseparable.
Cheese and corn spring rolls instructions
- Preheat the oven at 180°C. Add the sifted flour and salt into a bowl. Add the 500ml water and mix to form a soft dough. If too wet add little more flour. Separate the dough into 12 balls and roll them out slightly on a floured surface. Spread about one 1/2Tbs oil on 4 of the circles, sprinkle little flour, add one circle on top of the 4, add another 1 1/2 Tbs oil on top of the stacked circles, sprinkle flour then lastly add the other circle. You should have four stacks with three layers each..
- Roll each stack out till you have a big circle and place on your biggest lid. Put one by one into the oven turn it over once you see bubbles and then take it out. Do not overcook or brown them as they will be dry. Cut the sides off till you have a big square. Cut it in half then into quarters. Separate carefully and place them into a damp cloth till you ready to use it..
- Prepare the filling by frying the onion and dry herbs till onion is soft and slightly brown. Add the corn and cook for 10mins. Add the spices and chopped greens. Mix through and take off the heat. Add the grated cheese, mix through and leave to cool. Fill the spring roll purs as in pics below..
- Make a paste of flour and water to seal the spring rolls.
- Place in an air-tight container in the freezer till needed..
Few days back, we had cheese corn spring roll at an eating joint. Corn Spring Rolls or Cheesy corn rolls. You can prepare the rolls in advance and keep. Fry them in Hot oil to avoid the rolls to tear. Crispy Baby Corn Lollipop Recipe/ Spring Rolls, is a crunchy baby corn appetizer that is marinated with Indian masalas, wrapped with a dough made of cheese and flour, baked and served with a sprinkle of chaat masala.