Japanese-Style Simmered Shrimp and Nagaimo Yam with Tomatoes.
You can have Japanese-Style Simmered Shrimp and Nagaimo Yam with Tomatoes using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Japanese-Style Simmered Shrimp and Nagaimo Yam with Tomatoes
- It’s 200 grams of Peeled shrimp.
- Prepare 250 grams of peeled Nagaimo yam.
- You need 1 of Tomato.
- It’s 1 clove of Garlic.
- You need 2 tbsp of Sake.
- You need 1 tbsp of Miso.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Vegetable oil.
- It’s of To prep the shrimp:.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sake.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Katakuriko.
Japanese-Style Simmered Shrimp and Nagaimo Yam with Tomatoes step by step
- Devein the peeled shrimp, if necessary. Rub in the prepping ingredients (sake and katakuriko), and rinse the shrimp..
- Peel the nagaimo yam, and cut into 1 cm slices (either whole or after cutting the yam in half lengthwise first)..
- Chop the tomato coarsely. Finely mince the garlic..
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add garlic and saute over medium heat until fragrant. Add the nagaimo yam and saute until it's starting to turn translucent – about 3 minutes..
- Add the peeled and cleaned shrimp and mix, then add the sake and tomato. Cover with a lid and simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes..
- Dissolve the miso. Taste, and add salt and pepper to taste, and turn off the heat..
- Transfer to a serving plate. Optionally, add chopped green onion (not listed) on top..