Vickys Chicken, Sweet Potato & Fig Tagine, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Chicken, Sweet Potato & Fig Tagine, GF DF EF SF NF using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Chicken, Sweet Potato & Fig Tagine, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s 500 g of skinless, boneless chicken breast, diced.
- It’s of Black pepper to season.
- It’s 1 of large red onion, chopped.
- You need 2 tsp of freshly grated ginger.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato puree / paste.
- You need 1.5 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 350 ml of chicken stock.
- It’s 50 g of dried figs, chopped.
- You need of fresh coriander / cilantro to garnish.
- It’s 500 g of sweet potatoes, peeled & diced.
Vickys Chicken, Sweet Potato & Fig Tagine, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Spray a tagine or large heavy pan with oil and place on a medium-high heat.
- Lightly season and brown the chicken then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Turn the pan down to medium-low and fry off the onion for 4 minutes or until softened.
- Add the ginger, garlic, tomato puree, ground cumin, coriander and cinnamon. Cook down for a further 2 minutes.
- Put the chicken back in the pan and stir through to coat.
- Add the stock, figs and sweet potatoes and bring to the boil.
- Partially cover the pan and let simmer for 15 minutes or until the sweet potato is cooked.
- Take the lid off and let the liquid reduce for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Srason to taste and serve with rice or cous cous, garnish with some fresh coriander.