Our Family's Oden Hot Pot Made With Delicious Broth.
You can have Our Family's Oden Hot Pot Made With Delicious Broth using 7 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Our Family's Oden Hot Pot Made With Delicious Broth
- It’s 300 grams of Beef tendons (or chicken wings).
- Prepare 4 of pieces each ★Daikon radish, taro root, eggs, konnyaku.
- Prepare 1 of prep by rinsing in boiling water Atsuage, fish cakes (burdock root, gyoza）.
- You need 800 ml of ※Dashi stock (kombu + bonito flakes).
- It’s 400 ml of ※Cooking liquid from simmering the beef tendons (or chicken wings).
- Prepare 50 ml of each ☆ Sake, mirin, usukuchi soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 of tablespoon, 1/2 teaspoon ☆ Soy sauce, salt.
Our Family's Oden Hot Pot Made With Delicious Broth instructions
- Re-hydrate the kombu in plenty of water. If you're in a hurry, use hot water..
- Round the edges of the daikon radish slices and make several crisscross incisions on the surfaces. Add several grains of rice to the water and cook the sliced daikon until tender..
- Peel the taro root and rub with salt to remove the sliminess. Put in a saucepan with water and heat. Bring to a boil, then simmer until tender..
- Boil the eggs and peel the shells..
- Rub the konnyaku with salt and make incisions on the surface. Rinse the shirataki noodles in boiling water..
- Put the beef tendons and 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker. Cook for 10 minutes after the pressure is on and leave to cool..
- Pour hot water over the atsuage. Slice the burdock-filled fish cake diagonally..
- Line the earthenware pot with kombu and combine the ★ ingredients and beef tendons with cooking liquid. Lay the kombu at the bottom of the pot..
- Add the ※ ingredients, 1/4 cup each of the ☆ ingredients, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt..
- After bringing to a boil, evaporate the alcohol content and skim off any scum. Cover with a lid and simmer slowly over low heat (45 minutes to 1 hour)..
- Add the fish cakes and add more kombu based dashi. Cook for another 15-20 minutes. It might be better to add the atsuage a little earlier..
- Check and adjust the seasoning if needed with light soy sauce or salt. Turn off the heat and leave to cool to let the ingredients absorb the flavour..
- I added squid to the hot pot I made in 2010. It gave a great flavour to the soup with the beef tendons..
- You'll be able to eat a lot of collagen if you add chicken wings. Add mirin or soy sauce to adjust the seasoning of the soup..